1. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Tags:
    Campspringsjohn likes this.
  2. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Nice old truck!
    first year for twin I beam

Campspringsjohn likes this.
  3. BKW Founding Member

Bought one similar to it brand new. The hubcaps aren't original, They're from a 1952/53 Ford car.

1965 F100 Styleside production figures (includes 2WD/4WD, short/long wheelbases): 178,581

1965 F100/250 4WD Stylesides used the 1957/60 Styleside beds. Called the "wrong" beds, because the cab lines don't match up to the bed lines.

Campspringsjohn and dustybumpers like this.
  4. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

That is a nice truck! You know, cars and trucks from back then had lines that really looked neat! You'll never hear anybody say "Hey! That's a beautiful looking Smart car you have there!"

5. For-dragon

Haha. I'd be interested to see a classic ford vs. smart car crash-test rating. Sure, air-bags are great, but all metal vs. all plastic...it's not going to look pretty. Those smart cars even come with a can of fix-a-flat standard instead of a spare...lame.

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Old cars fail miserably against newer cars:

And a Smart against an S-class (heavy) which is one of the safest cars:

Smart against a C-class - even as unmatched as this one was, the Smart's passenger cage didn't collapse.

7. For-dragon

8. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I would never want to be in an accident but if I were I hope it's when I'm driving a new vehicle..

9. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

One thing that was always on my mind in my 67 on the freeway was that if it was a bad accident the only thing the lapbelt would do was cut me in half!

10. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

Watching the crash tests with the Smart car, the passengers in that car are going for a very rough ride compared to the bigger car. Though the cage may not have been compromised, the passengers get thrown a lot harder than the folks in the bugger car.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso