Rattle noise, help needed

Discussion in '2015 - 2020 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by Lavertis859, Nov 9, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Lavertis859

Hello, I have a 4 inch rough country lift on my 2016 Ford F150. I recently started hearing a rattling noise when I go over bumps. I took it to an auto repair place and they said everything looked right and they doubted it was the struts. My front tires started wearing so badly (toe in) I had to replace. It looks like the new ones are starting to do the same after fresh alignment which they said would fix. I attached my GoPro to observe. Would love to get any thoughts before buying new struts. Here is video.

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

First, because it's 4wd, make sure the hubs are unlocking properly. That can cause noise like that, but it wouldn't do anything with tire wear (may or may not be related).

Other than that, its going to come down to putting the front end up on jack stands and inspecting everything by hand since so many things can cause this on a front axle truck. Tie rods, ball joints, sway bar bushings, etc.

3. Recla150

Interested in what the final resolve was? I have what sounds like the exact sound/issue and am racking my brain trying to figure it out....

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >