Anti-theft using the upfitter switches??

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by Rancher286, May 10, 2022.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Rancher286

New member here. Thanks in advance for your feedback and replies.
    We have a 2020 Platinum 250 with the 7.3 gasser. With all of the key cloning going on to steal trucks (I know of seven trucks lost so far in Houston using this practice), do you think it would be possible to wire in and create a "lock out" condition with all of the upfitter switches in the "Off" position? To start the truck, the driver would first need to flip a combination of the switches (two should do it) to "On" and then hit the "Start" button. We're looking for a way to (a) defeat the theft of the truck when using a cloned key and (b) not have to install either a Ravelco, a separate kill switch or an interrupt mechanism that requires an additional key fob remote. Again thank you in advance for your replies!!

Tags:
  2. Biffster

I would think you could as there are some of the switches that are Battery Voltage to the switch. But using that would knock out your remote start if you you turn the switch off. But I see no reason why you could not replace the battery supply to the starter relay with the power coming off your switch. Need to do a deep dive into the wiring schematics, but yes I think it could work.

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I'll bet most people who assume their vehicle was stolen by a cloned keyfob are likely mistaken and it was stolen another way. Key cloning is difficult. It takes two people, one next to the vehicle while the other is in close proxmity to the key, and the key is within transmission range of the vehicle.

Don't over complicate solution. :) If you want to protect your key from cloning, keep it in a Faraday pouch. Solved.

The most common method is lock punching. Get Jimmi Jammers and/or a Punchplug to prevent that.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >