OD light goes on and off periodically by it self.

Discussion in '1992 - 1996 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by powerstrokebuff, Jun 26, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. powerstrokebuff

Hello, New to this forum. I have a 1995 F250 190,000 miles, single cab long bed powerstroke 7.3. Automatic. with DP tuner. My OD light has been coming on by itself and shifting out of Overdrive and then off again by itself back into overdrive. I can also push the button and put it back into overdrive But will still again come on by itself with no rime or reason, sometimes a lot, sometimes a little , then sometimes not at all, otherwise it seems to shift fine and the light does not blink just goes on and off. I have replaced the shift lever with a new one as I have read that is the most likely cause of the problem. This did not fix the problem. I have not been able to find a cure in any forums. Might anyone have any ideas I might try. Thanks

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    Tags:
  2. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

If you have a way to scan it and look for codes, I'd start there. Usually the OD light flashes when it has a code for the transmission.

3. powerstrokebuff

But it's not flashing, it randomly turns on and off but does not flash, I have replaced the speed sensor that didn't help either. I've tried to scan it but I'm showing no link, also tried at the parts store they got the same message, no link, I'm assuming the tuner is causing that problem. I didn't put that tuner in, it was installed before I owned it so not sure how to get around it.

4. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >