RESOURCES (Parts, etc... that might be hard to find)

Discussion in 'Ranger, Explorer, Bronco II and Sport Trac Forum' started by Greywolf, May 15, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Need to find a thing? SHOUT OUT here.

Got some info? SPILL IT (please)

I'm thinking I need to get me some seriously low profile valve covers for a 351W. I don't care if they are stock, tin, chrome, aluminum, or what at this point - so long as they are as low to the heads as they can be.

Tags:
  2. BKW Founding Member

All very well and good, but what member of FTZ has the resources, links to obsolete web sites to find all the NOS jazz?

I only know of one...and he's already overburdened with parts requests.

mikeo0o0o0 has joined, but he's strictly 1973/79.

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  3. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I always thought NOS was for those who wanted too much from too little. Unless they set it up right - and a burst is only good for a moment.

My interest is in low profile, without the rockers rattling against the tin.

I'm sticking an engine into a place it should not fit to begin with...

TALL valve covers look cool on a rod, but cause problems in my application.

- I should have been smarter.

4. Sparky Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Well I am late for the discussion, as usual, but I am using some from a 5.0L EFI 87 Mustang. They are about as low as you could go without interference with the rockers.
    I too stuck a 351w where it didn't belong, in an 84 Ranger.

5. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Wait a minute there - that might just do the job! I never thought about 302 covers on a set of 351W heads, but it's the same engine family and I have a friend across the street with more Mustang stuff piled up than I'll ever have in a lifetime. I bet he has a set just laying around...

6. BKW Founding Member

221/260/289/302/351W: Same valve cover gaskets.

7. Sparky Founding Member Canadian Chapter

A lot of things swap back and forth between 302/351w, valve covers, water pumps, cams, heads with a little work, headers, timing covers, transmissions, starters, to name a few.
    The valve covers are nice and low you just have to drill a PCV port if you need one, 5.0L is on intake manifold .................which doesn't swap between the two motors without spacers :)

8. NRA4ever Founding Member

Done right NOS is a great power adder. I've used a 100 hp wet shot on my 5.4 that had no clattering or engine problems. I've never tried a dry shot but I bet it is the ones you hear all the bad stories about. If you are using NOS you need more fuel to go with it. Th. e only reason I took it off my F150 was to keep from getting caught running it on the street. I had loved my setup. Troyer Performance did my tuning for 93 octane & race gas.. Set up right It can't be any harder on a motor than a blower

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >