Retrofit parking assist?

Discussion in '2021 - 2024 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by 21-XLT-HDPP, Oct 26, 2023.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. 21-XLT-HDPP

Hello. New user here. I recently bought a used '21 XLT 301A HDPP with Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0 which includes lane keeping, lane centering, adaptive cruise control and speed sign monitoring, among other things. It has 4 bumper sensors, front and rear.

It has the 12-pin socket to connect wired trailer accessories but it's wired with only 2 conductors. It came with a yaw sensor which I plan to use. (No diatribes about how you don't need no stupid pro backup, please.)

I plan to add wiring assembly part # ML3Z-13A576-PK to complete the wiring to that socket so I can connect a wired trailer camera and yaw sensor. That wiring assembly gets me the extra 2 sensors for the rear. I'm willing to drill holes to install them if I can find precise instructions. That leaves the front 2 sensors to add to the front, which I believe is all the additional equipment required to enable Parking Assist. If I'm incorrect in that understanding, please enlighten me.

Other than enabling something in FORScan, what more is involved? Do I have to change out some of the electronics modules? That could get expensive.

Tags:
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso