Rust Repair needed Rain Gutter 1972 F250

Discussion in '1967 - 1972 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by Aloha 1972 F250, Aug 30, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Aloha 1972 F250

Need help with ideas and or good body shop to repair rust on the rain gutters on 1972 f250 camper special
    Im in ventura ca.

Tags:
  2. iicap

Hello Aloha. I'm going to do a rain gutter repair on a 70 F-250 4X4. This is a every day type truck I just want usable and dependable. I DO NOT have a need for an all metal repair. MY INTENT is to spot blast the outside clean, and inside, best I can, reach and sand clean as much possible. Lay up some fiber glass cloth inside for backing, and finish outside with body filler, such as Bondo, etc.

Most Radical on a very nice truck or restoration, I'd search for a junker cab with a good roof and see about replacing the roof at the factory joints. Two very different ways, with others ways in between. Let us know what you do, nice to follow along, Cap

3. Philthytoo

My Brother has a '71 crew cab, and did this job (along with some other rust repair) on his cab last summer. I think he had parts of 3 standard cab roofs to take from. It looked to me to be at the higher end on the difficulty scale, and not something I would try. Of course a body shop guy might shrug it off. Good Luck with the project, which ever way you go!

4. Aloha 1972 F250

5. Aloha 1972 F250

Thanks for the input .. still trying to find someone to tackle this one.. some leads, but no one yet wants to do it .. I’m still trying.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >