RV Stories, Pictures, Videos, & Misc

Discussion in 'Towing, RV's, Campers and 5th Wheels' started by Greywolf, Jun 16, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

For instance - this is a long video about a Big Rig Ride-Along (DASH CAM)

But at 54:40 in the video the driver made a comment that lead to a story that trucker heard about a New (apparently) RV owner... Skip to that part and listen! You won't believe your ears.

(the rest of the video makes an interesting screen saver, or a good way to fall asleep)

Tags:
  2. masakimm Vet Zone

We had this in real life in the 90s at Eglin AFB has some people over from another country they got a rental van and had heard how advance our cruise controls were. decided to go on a rode trip to see some sites and set the cruise and the driver climbed in the back to talk with the others. no body was badly hurt but it made for some new procedures for training when foreigners arrived.

3. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Something I found out about when I was doing the RV TECH thing - and also a thing that RV owners would rather NOT find out about:

HOW do you get a refrigerator in or out of an RV, since the Entry Door is nowhere near wide enough?

For the answer~ Hold down LEFT mouse button and drag below
    - the answer is to remove the large window next to the dining table and slide it out sideways . This is usually done with a forklift waiting outside, or a team of guys inside and out.

4. bigrigfixer Article Contributor Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I heard a similar story about a guy who set the cruise, then left his seat to go make a pot of coffee. Everything went smoothly, he even looked through the windshield to make sure his "autopilot" was still working.

Then he decided to wait for the pot to brew.

Interstate took a turn, the rv didn't...

5. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Laugh if you want, but the cruise control on my 72 Banner motor home is labeled "Auto pilot"

bigrigfixer likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >