Ranger Safety Recall Notice 15s22/nhtsa Recall 15v-322 (airbag)

Discussion in 'Ranger, Explorer, Bronco II and Sport Trac Forum' started by Major Malfunktion, Jul 25, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Major Malfunktion Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Ford sent me a letter letting me know that my Ranger is subject to this recall.

Here's the funny part, according to the letter, I have to wait for parts to become available before they'll send me another letter letting me know to schedule a repair with a dealer...

Tags:
  2. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

That is known as CYOA . Get out in front of the problem ....

3. BKW Founding Member

You obviously have never received a recall notice before, because...

Every recall since the exploding Pinto FIASCO has been handled the same way.

People get letters notifying them of the recall and the letter states you'll get another when the part(s) become available.

Before recalls became mandatory, people were not notified if there was a problem, the dealers were. FoMoCo sent the dealers a "campaign letter" notifying them of a problem, then it was up to the dealers to contact their customers.

Two that I recall: Cracked steering wheels on 1967 Mustang/Cougar, and the defective ignition switch (C8AZ-11572-A) that shorted out and caught fire. This switch was installed on all 1968/69 Passenger Cars and F100/750, Bronco & Econoline, ditto 1970 F100/750, Bronco & Econoline before serial number G90,001.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  4. Major Malfunktion Oregon Chapter Founding Member

You're right, I haven't... And, I'm not overly concerned about this one - I can shut off the passenger side airbag if I want to...

When this whole airbag thing started up, I checked the VIN of my Ranger to see if it was subject and I was told it wasn't - now it is - apparently, the recall has been "expanded" to cover more vehicles... I wish they'd make up their damn minds - it's as if Ford doesn't know what they put into their own vehicles...

5. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

If it is like the one on my Spyder, it is the airbag deploying, and hitting the sunvisor that is the problem.
    The wait for parts, is a new bracket to reinstall the sunvisor to keep it from being ripped loose, and impaling the passenger when the air bag deploys

6. Major Malfunktion Oregon Chapter Founding Member

They finally replaced the airbags today... They did both sides - the recall notice I got originally only covered the passenger-side bag, but it was extended to also include the driver's side bag... The work was done by Tower Ford here in Coos Bay...

FTZ HAIC likes this.
  7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

One less thing to have to worry about!

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >