Same door opening noise

Discussion in '2015 - 2020 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by littleray, Mar 15, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. littleray

I've owned my 2019 F150 less than a month. It makes a loud noise when I open the door too. Check it out. What is it?

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Its the cabin air pressure baffle. I've read some complaints about the design making loud noises when it flaps because the cabin seals so well it forces a lot of air out. If you open the window when you close the door, you're likely to see it doesn't make the noise, sure sign that it's the baffle.

3. littleray

It makes the noise with the window open. I rarely keep my window closed in the garage. The noise comes from below and to the rear I think.

4. littleray

Took it to the dealer, takes 20 minutes to get there. they had it for an hour. Their analysis was they couldn't duplicate the problem, unable to verify concern. in other words it wouldn't make the noise. I suspect the the engine was too warm. they did an update on the computer system that did nothing. They want me to bring it back later. No one there ever heard of such a thing. They have this video.

5. Logical

Your dealer is incompetent. That is your fuel pump priming and is perfectly normal. It used to be putting the key in would trigger it but with some models going to keyless fobs it happens at door open if the truck has been sitting a while.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >