Score of the day

Discussion in 'General Truck Discussion' started by FTZ HAIC, Feb 19, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I just scored one of these $650 intercooler radiators for $41! I have got to get past this 25lb lifting limitation so I can get back to working on the project truck, get the 5.4L rebuilt for more boost and get it back on the road. This score has put a fire under me again about my project truck!
    421742_f150_ltr_385x270.jpg #ad

Tags:
  2. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

Good find!!

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Funny part is I got up at 6:00 to bid on it, because I knew the auction was ending at 6:30 am. I waited until 5 minutes before it ended, put in my bid. 7 seconds before the action ended some schmuck puts in a bid. I had a feeling that might happen, so I had another browser window opened and ready with a counter bid just in case someone tried to snipe me. I got my winning bid in with 2 seconds to spare before the auction closed.

Knowing I beat the other bidder at their own game was just as good a feeling as actually scoring a great price!
    55254841.jpg #ad

4. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

LOL More like this Ken.....

BellyBump[1].gif #ad

5. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

LOL!!

6. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

good deal. i hate those last minute scumbags!
    what i do is decide what the max i will pay for something is, then place that as max bid and let the site do the work.
    i got a few things from evilbay for way less than i was willing to pay simple because i was bumped at the last second.
    then i would go after evilbay with how could i loose the auction when my max bid was for $100 more than the selling price?
    i don't know if they changed that bidding policy as i very rarely get stuff from evilbay anymore.

7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

This is closer to how I felt:
    giphy.gif #ad

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >