Wanted Seeking Parts for 1976 F250 4wd

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by xaos1964, Aug 12, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. xaos1964

Hello.
    I've an older ford. Automatic, divorced transfer case, with a cab fuel tank.
    It's got the narrow frame and a full time front end.
    I'm looking for a good bed/box, complete steering column, and the shift linkage from the cab to the transfer case. Shift pattern is a bit odd. It went down, left, down, right, up. May take the transfer case as well.

If you have the parts or have an idea of where to find them, I'd appreciate very much a PM.

Regards

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Full beds are hard to find except through local sources like salvage yards. If you're looking for individual panels for one, that's a different story. LMC Tuck, Dennis Carpenter, etc. have them.

3. xaos1964

Yes, unfortunately I've gone through most of the salvage yards in North America that would possibly have one, except for the privately owned yards. And panels to make a complete box are no longer available. The box that was on the truck is completely shot.

4. BKW Founding Member

1973/76 Stylesides have exposed fuel caps, 1977/79 Stylesides have fuel doors.

The 1973/76 Styleside 8' beds are the same except for F350 Regular Cabs on the 140" wheelbase.

However, the bed mounting holes will be in a different location due to the High Boys 33 1/2" width between the inner frame rails behind the cab.

There's a 1977/79 8' Styleside bed (not from an F350 on the 140" wheelbase) at an Opel wrecking yard in Rialto CA

OP failed to mention his location...profile says Edmonton, that I assume is the city in Alberta Canada.

5. xaos1964

I am from Edmonton yes. And you are correct. the boxes are the same except for the mounting bolts and fuel doors.

I will check into the box and thank you for the heads up. have a great day.

6. helifixer TOTM Winner Southwest Chapter

7. helifixer TOTM Winner Southwest Chapter

8. helifixer TOTM Winner Southwest Chapter

9. xaos1964

Sir,
    Thank you very much for taking the time to send me these. I actually just returned to canada a couple days ago. Found a box. hopefully the guy ships it.
    Take care and have a great weekend.

JWC 3 likes this.
  10. xaos1964

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >