Shaky front end ford can't fix

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by 4GRANIT, Sep 10, 2023.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. 4GRANIT

Thank you in advance for looking this over...

I have a 2017 Ford F250 King Ranch I bought new in May 2018. Immediately the front end had a vibration and bad death wobble. Over the past 5 years I've had it in for above problems 10+ times at local Ford dealership. They pretty much stopped the death wobble, but they can't figure out the vibration. It's constant, never stops. It's worse when I first start driving in the morning. Within 10 miles it's better but you can watch the street wheel shake and you can feel it with your feet, so can passenger. It's best, believe it or not, at speeds above 80 mph. The steering wheel also jerks at every pothole in the road .

I have another dealership looking at it on the 18th.

I would've lemon lawed it or done more earlier to try to get it solved, but I've had serious health problems and for some time, it just wasn't as important as other stuff going on.

It's beyond annoying. I can't sell it in this condition and I'd like to just light the sob on fire at this point...

Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks again, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you

Tags:
  2. Wildman52

Just a thought but have the tires been checked out? Sometimes stiff tires take a time to warm up and. Soften up. When I had the Goodyear Wranglers on my 2020 f250, when I took off first thing in the morning it would have a vibration until the tires warmed up.

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Only things I can think of that would get better when warm are tires, faulty injector (the dealer can do a cylinder contribution check that will let them know).

You didn't say what the engine is. If it's 7.3, maybe a lon gshot check is the cam.

4. captchas

going by the charts in a 2017 it's either a 6.2 gas or a 6.7 diesel . yet i'm with the others, tires!

5. DonW

About 10 miles long, the 7.3 didn’t come out till 2020. Definately sounds like tires or more likely tire. Although when you say the wheel jerks when you hit a pothole is indicative of the steering stabilizer which actually is Fords bandaid fix for the “death wobble”. I’d have someone check and re-balance, maybe even rotate those tires if they haven’t been lately. When you talk potholes you’re probably in the north, you should ck alignment. Depending on how all that does if not betterI’d bite the bullet and put a steering stabilizer on….I’d install it myself. defiantly not at the Ford dealership they’re just to far out of line on labor.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >