she's almost ready to roll over...

Discussion in '1953 - 1956 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by jniolon, May 8, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

fender inside.jpg #ad
    fender insidel.jpg #ad
    IMG_0363.JPG #ad
    SBYELLOW.JPG #ad
    just a bit of touch up and she gets back upright.... after 2 years... ordering Monstaliner today in "SUICIDE BLOND" YELLOW for under the cab... http://monstaliner.com/

Tags:
    Yamagrant, dustybumpers and FTZ HAIC like this.
  2. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Looks like you are missing a piece between your floor braces John. Unless this is not an updated picture.

3. oledad Founding Member

Looking good John. Now when you get back from the Supernats you'll be so pumped up that you'll breeze right through finishing the truck. Are you going to use the monstaliner under the running boards and fenders also? Good luck and God speed, Steve

4. Ford Trucker Founding Member Canadian Chapter

So far so good, thx for the pics

5. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

not sure Steve... thinking about it... but we've got the inner fenders all slick and smooth ??? haven't decided yet... I've added 1/4" x 1" bracing glassed in....under the running boards so it would be difficult to do that

missing a piece ??? that's all that's ever been under there afaik.

6. oledad Founding Member

My rear fenders are fiberglass 3" wider than stock. Running boards and front fenders are metal. I put 2 coats of heavy duty bed liner on the underside before it went to the paint shop. In direct sunlight I can see little "stars" in the fiberglass where rocks have been kicked up while driving. I have almost 10,000 miles on it now, so I guess I can't complain. Just wish I had built some sort of inner fender to prevent this. We live and learn! Steve

7. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

New project 037 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

Hello John, here is a picture of the cab before I removed the floor, you should be able to see the piece that ties the two supports together. I purchased a new one that came from LMC trucks but it's a straight piece that requires a crown in it. I ended up removing one from another floor section I had.

8. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

bedliner 009 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

Here you can see the piece on my panel as well John

9. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

Well John... I definately don't have onee It must have b een a center section that fit over the two pieces on each side... Mine is clean cut and shows no sign of being hacked out... wonder how much difference it will make not having one /??

10. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

After putting this new floor in this pickup cab I'm working on I believe it did make a big difference in stiffening up the floor. Looking again at your picture it looks as though yours has been cut off on either side of the angled braces.

11. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

You need it, Someone cut it out of my 56 chevy pick up, and the floor used to beer can terrible.
    Maybe you can make something up from square tube while you have good access

12. Ford Trucker Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Sounds like a good plan Charlie

13. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

No John, I looked at it very closely and they are factory finished edges... and there was no way to cut it out without damaging the floor ... 'specially with it right up against the raised portion of the floor board... I'm gonnz measure it closely tomorrow and see if I can use some 1.5" square tubing... looking at your panel pic I think I see a joint or seam at the two yellow arrows... like the center section is a different piece... wadu think ? Capture.JPG #ad

14. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

It's probably added in, bigger trucks would have a different set up for the transmissions, so that piece would need to be changed. I don't see why you can't get square tube to work in there

15. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

The piece in question is the same shape as those 2 side pieces and fit over them and ties them together, I bought the replacement piece from LMC but it is straight and would need to be bent to match the arch, I decided to remove the original piece from a parts truck I had instead.
    The cab I rebuilt was a larger truck Charlie , an F 600 and is the same as the F 100 ,this piece in question does not interfere with the transmission.
    I have the floor section that I removed from the cab I rebuilt and if you think you need a closer look I can take pictures of it tomorrow for you.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >