Shift Problem

Discussion in '2004 - 2008 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by 57FordGuy, Oct 29, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. 57FordGuy Founding Member

Yet another problem has popped up on my 08 F150. It has the shifter on the center console. Today it stranded me in a parking lot as it would not come out of park. After some doing I got it home. A google search brought up a lot of articles concerning this very problem. So I'm guessing it happens a lot. Autozone, NAPA, and RockAuto do not have the part for the console shift, only the column shift (@$50). A look at the FordParts.com found the part. $198!

Has anyone (knows anyone) who just bypassed this safety feature. Looks like a wire tie holding the lever on the side of this module will do just that.

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

3. 57FordGuy Founding Member

Now for more craziness - its back working properly. I still have the console cover off and it clicks every time the brake petal is touched. Shifts fine. Do things come and go on these trucks like that?

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I have had a couple of times when my shifter did not want to come out of park, same with the steering wheel lock, but it was always a temporary issuue.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >