So this just happened.....

Discussion in '2004 - 2008 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by CapeMay609, Sep 5, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. CapeMay609

I hit my mailbox his morning and everything else on the mirror is fine besides the mirror itself. The fame and outer shell is fine but the mirror is cracked how much will this cost me? I'm going to the dealership Tuesday for a oil change so in just going to let th fix her up. What am I looking at price wise?

image.jpeg #ad

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

They generally don't do just the glass, but swap out the entire assembly because it's less labor cost.

Not including labor, a plain door mirror is roughly $100 Ford retail and starts going up from depending on power options, heated/unheated, etc.
    The most expense is the body color matched smooth mirror with heat and power goes for over $700. And yes, that's each.

Seabiscuit and dustybumpers like this.
  3. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I know this is a Buick Car, but pretty close to Ken's figures.
    $792 parts, materials, paint, labor and "haz mat" disposal (?) for color matched paint, electric defrost, remote power mirror on a 2006 Lucerne. Ask me how I know......:angel:anim

4. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I bought a mirror for the town car off Rock auto for $100.
    Painted it for $25

Dealer wanted $675

I would have driven it with the crack in it for that kind of money
    :rolleyes:anim

Campspringsjohn likes this.
  5. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

My mirror fell under my $0 deductable comprehensive insurance. Some idiot on a bicycle hit the right side mirror while parked. Guess that is what he gets for riding on the sidewalk.

dustybumpers and Campspringsjohn like this.
  6. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

they sell the individual glass for around $125 each, but they are almost impossible to change.

dustybumpers and Campspringsjohn like this.
  7. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

If you go to a glass shop like Speedy or whatever is in your area they will be able to either cut you one or have an outlet that supplies them ready made, I had one don for $30

8. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

completely different animals John . the new truck mirrors use pins that clip on the back of the glass and then push into the frame.

and are next to impossible to get together without breaking the new glass.

9. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

More modern technology eh!

Seabiscuit likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso