Sources For Fasteners

Discussion in 'The Fabricators Corner' started by Greywolf, Oct 7, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Nuts, bolt, screws, washers, brackets, you name it.

If you find a good one list it here.

I recently had a real good experience ordering things like that from:
    www.clipsandfasteners.com

I sent for some metric stuff from Amazon, and that was the seller, they got to me quick too and have PAYPAL as an option on their site which is a very secure way to manage money online.

Go take a look at it - see what you think.

2. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

For nuts and bolts, Tractor Supply has a huge selection in grade 5 and grade 8 bolts. Very reasonably priced too. If it's oddball, I find the local Fastenal Store to have a good selection. They also have tools and such, not the Harbor Freight stuff though. If you're looking for bargains, not likely to find it there. If quality is what you're after, they'll have it.

56panelford likes this.
  3. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

4. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

The bins of 30 yrs of accumulated fasteners above my work bench................I haven't bought a bolt in 15yrs.

56panelford likes this.
  5. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Fastenating topic.

I get mine at the locally owned hardware store, they still exist but that's getting harder to find because all anyone cares about is price. The local place usually has everything in stock, in most grades, and if they don't have it they can usually have what I need in 24 hours. Patronize your local hardware store :)

Fabman likes this.
  6. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I couldn't afford to patronize our local hardware store, every nut and bolt is individually priced $.15 for a 1/4" nut and prices go up with each size.

7. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I got most of my hardware from a job I worked for several years where they told us just to sweep hardware that fell on the production floor into a pile and toss it in the scrap bin.................I don't think so.

56panelford likes this.
  8. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

My local NAPA/hardware store has bolts and nuts by the lb. Grade 5 are $1.69/lb, and grade 8 are $2.69/lb.

56panelford likes this.
  9. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Napa up here are a rip off too just like Acklands Grainger , I by most of my nuts and bolts from Moffats supply who supplies the mines, they are more in line with the prices you quoted Don.

10. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Amazed by the people who cannot read headstamps on bolts...............I've seen lots of jobs held together by grade 2 "butter bolts".

56panelford likes this.
  11. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

The ones that work in our hardware store can't tell the difference between an ardox nail and a wood screw.

12. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I guess I'm lucky in my small rural town. The hardware store is locally owned, not a chain like Ace and the people know their stuff. Heck, the same guy built our house.

Back in metro-Atlanta I never ran across anyone really knowledgeable in the big box or chain stores.

13. pirahnah3 Founding Member

another source for some folks.

https://www.boltdepot.com/

They have local stores as well, which is how I was introduced to them.

I do like my local stores but thanks to work and family moving I have most anything I could ever want already.

14. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Looks like a good source Jim, unfortunately for me anything coming from the U.S. is very expensive, like double what you pay.:(

15. pirahnah3 Founding Member

well sorry to hear that. Price of living in the great white north.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >