Spark Plug Class Action Settlement

Discussion in '2004 - 2008 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by FTZ HAIC, Oct 25, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

How many of you received the class action settlement letter for the spark plug issues for 2004-2008 F150, 2005-2008 Expdition/Navigator, 2006-2008 Lincoln Mark LT, 2005-2008 Super Duty?

Here's the settlement web site:
    http://www.fordsparkplugsettlement.com/

Now the weird thing is not all those years were affected by the problem. Only the earlier heads were. For instance with the F150 it's only 2004-early 2007.

I have two claims I'll be making.

Tags:
  2. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Interesting .....

3. 57FordGuy Founding Member

So if I read enough, I can get reimbursed for the cost over $300 for changing plugs in my truck. The lawyers get 5 million +!

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Yeah, they always make out like bandits.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  5. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Lawyers are in it for themselves not for you my friend:*anim

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Absolutely true. But on the flip side, I've learned in business you should always have a good attorney. And cheap usually isn't good!

7. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

This is true Ken, you only get what you pay for and somethings you have to pay dearly.

8. allyn22

I have heard nothing from this settlement. I sent the paperwork in around Sept - Oct 2016. I had 7 of 8 plugs that broke off. I had the dealer replace them as I did not have time (or the patience) to do them.

9. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Class action settlements typically aren't slow. I wouldn't expect something in a couple of months. Maybe a year....

10. Voyager65

I bought my 06 4x4 two years ago with 124k on the clock and i love it. I had to change the spark plugs as it had a light miss. Luckily?? Someone had either changed them prior and hopefully put on the anti seize. I took it slow and they did make a noisy racket while coming off but none of mine broke. I did read about that lawsuit but i wouldnt have qualified due to the mileage if the plugs had broken off..

11. Voyager65

I also changed all the boots. Runs like a dream!

12. 57FordGuy Founding Member

Did you use the loosen 1/4 turn, soak with Kroll for an hour or 2, then back all the way out?

13. Voyager65

Yes soak for a little then cracked them loose. Waited a little longer and would tighten a little then back it off again so the cleaner would soak farther. Just took my time with them all of them. They did make cracking, squeeling, and popping sounds as they backed off. I was certain i had broken off a couple, but no, it was just all the noise they made.

14. Voyager65

57 Ford Guy, I have a question that you may be able to help me with. How do I start a post?or thread? All I see is "post reply" or" links" that lead me to other's posts. I am wanting to share some info on a problem I had with my truck (shudder) during acceleration which I could hardly find any info on. I would like to share to others how it was fixed as it was very frustrating. Im sure others will appreciate the information. thanks

15. 57FordGuy Founding Member

What year f150 do you have?

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >