Spring Compressor For Mustang Ii Ifs

Discussion in '1953 - 1956 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by jniolon, Jul 27, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

I need to take down my front suspension for some paint issues... I remember putting in the springs with an internal compressor and it was a b*tch and I was puckered up the whole time... My compressor didn't fit in the skinny springs well and continued to slip...

I've ordered a set of external compressors and am looking for some advise/hints/guesses/instructions/comments/bad advise... whatcha got to make this easier and safer and not destroy the paint once it's done ???

I hate working with springs... a murphy's law multiplier.if you as me
    thanks
    John

Tags:
  2. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Kinda cheating John, but I backed the pickup over top of the front frame on the 46. Then I just raised it up from the bottom control arm with a floor jack like it had the motor and body on it. Make sure to wrap up everything with blue tape so as not to scratch it, and be careful

56panelford likes this.
  3. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Sounds like something I would do Charlie.:)

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >