Spring maintenance

Discussion in 'General Truck Discussion' started by helifixer, Apr 2, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. helifixer TOTM Winner Southwest Chapter

Since it is starting to warm up don't wait too long to reverse your battery cables so you have cooling not heating in the cab.

Tags:
    JWC 3 and Campspringsjohn like this.
  2. helifixer TOTM Winner Southwest Chapter

Also don't forget to top off your blinker fluid as some does evaporate even in the cold winter months.

JWC 3 and Campspringsjohn like this.
  3. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

And remember to grease the muffler bearings! The work truck's been making some rattling when idling, I need to shoot some grease in them bearings to quieten it down!

JWC 3 likes this.
  4. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Change the air in your tires from winter air, to summer air for better mpgs.

JWC 3 likes this.
  5. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Did mine just yesterday. Made a big difference
    muffler-bearings[1].jpg #ad

Campspringsjohn and JWC 3 like this.
  6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Many people forget to remove the engine blanket when it warms up. Funny thing is its usually the same people who complain their A/C isn't cold enough.

Campspringsjohn and JWC 3 like this.
  7. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Rotate your lug nuts when you change the air in the tires. ..important step many forget!
    Don't forget your spare tire. .....

56panelford likes this.
  8. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

It's also best to wash and lube your nuts too. It's a job I used to get my wife to do, but she's not too inclined to do that anymore. I guess she likes rusty nuts. Oh well,,,,,

whomrig, 56panelford and JWC 3 like this.
  9. mete

Lug nuts ? In the recent Mount Washington activity one of the one of the cars saw his wheel with all lugs sheared off , pass him .Hate that when it happens !
    It put the car down the mountain and through the woods ! I suppose he was occupied with many other things to hear or feel the wheel problem !

10. F350-6 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso