Stake pocket covers for 1978 Ford F100 Stylewise

Discussion in '1973 - 1979 Ford F100, F150, F250-F350 Truck Forum' started by ADRIANR, Oct 15, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. ADRIANR

Hello All, I live in the UK and am the proud owner of a light jae 1978 Ford F100 pick up with an 8foot bed. I am having a full respray done on the truck and have just removed the tonneau rails for this purpose. I notice that one each rear sidepanel there are 3 square holes cut into the rails - apparently these are called stake pockets. I want to find some covers or inserts to stop water/dust etc getting into them. I am struggling to obtain these via usual sources (NPD, LMC, Dennis Carpenter etc). Can anyone tell me where I can get them please?
    Feel free to email me direct if you wish '[email protected]' - many thanks for reading this post!
    Rgds

Tags:
  2. BKW Founding Member

There is nothing available AFAIK. Ford never offered anything and I doubt any of the repro parts makers would, because there would be no demand.

Lower pic shows the genuine Ford bed rails and the front stake pockets.

Despite the caption that says 8' box, I see no middle stake pockets, so this could be a pic of the 6 1/2' bed that only had two stake pockets per side.

20191015232543FPS-8096-B.jpg #ad

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

There are rubber versions I've seen which might be somewhat universal but they only show them officially fitting back to 1987.

4. Josep66

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  5. 1978 FORD Supercab

I've seen some rubber ones that have a chrome metal cap with a loop built in, for tiedown usage. I would check J.C.Whitney, or NAPA. I'm pretty sure they were on a '73 - '79 8' bed. I believe that my '78 has three stake pockets as well, but it's not presently here at my house. Hope this helps.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >