Starting and electrical issues

Discussion in '2009 - 2014 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by Mr Medley, Sep 4, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Mr Medley

truck wont start act as if there is no power when I jump start it it start right up runs for a little while in high idle then normal idle then lights, radio dashbord start to fade in and out goes off and truck run super rough then cut off wont start again unless I jump it again aslo a lot of clicking in engine compartment fuse box once it cut off till i jump or disconnect battery. HELP

Tags:
  2. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

i would inspect all electrical connections starting at the battery. loose or dirty connections can cause this issue.
    a bad ground can be an issue also.

3. dejavueh53

I had the same problem. That and while driving I heard a pop and the sound of dragging a plastic bag. I have a 2011 F-150. So, I hooked up a diagnostic and it showed that I had a brake and engine issue. My battery was only reading 8.9 amps on the voltmeter. It was 10 years old so I went ahead and changed out my battery. I checked the fuse box under hood and looked to see if any fuses or relays were blown and found that a 40 amp green relay #64 was bad. It was the Vacuum pump relay power for my 3.5L engine. I had also changed out the vacuum valve and hoses for my 4 WD and the valve connected to my Brake Booster. That seem to fix my problem but to test to see if the the relay held I honked my horn but blew out the relay. My truck starts and is pulling 14 plus amps. I did not check the alternator to see if it was sending power to the battery. I'll need to check the amperage again after I drive it a while. I changed out the relay but there remains an issue that is now causing that relay to blow when I honk the horn. I checked my connections and fuses at the passenger side below the dash and on the right lower panel but I couldn't tell if any of the fuses were bad. There is a connection on the passenger side near the floor. If you remove the lower panel make sure you see if that wire connection near the bottom is still attached, you can eliminate that as an issue if it is. That will cause you truck not to start if it is disconnected.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >