Stop -Start ?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by mete, Feb 20, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. mete

For those who have stop-start .Comments on worth while ? Can it be disconnected ?

Tags:
  2. mete

The YouTube series on FORD truck features should be looked at . Seems things are quickly changing and improving ! I'm going to try one before I buy.

3. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

i drove a 2017 f150, the stop-start can be controlled by a button on the dash.

4. mete

This newest thing takes out the time lag. The instant you take your foot off the brake the engine starts. A heavier battery and starter motor is included . But I'm in a rural area so I'll just turn it off.

5. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

For city driving I think it's a great thing, but I can see where it would be a pain when you're not stuck at traffic lights all the time like you would be in a city.

6. BKW Founding Member

September 2017, I rented a 2017 F150 Stupor Crew w/the 2.7L V6 Eco in OKC

Found the button, turned the damn thing off, as it was distracting.

IMO, here's another electronic 'thing' that will cause problems after a few years.

7. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

yea, i thought the same things

8. BKW Founding Member

Here's the puppy...

20170912_110141.jpg #ad

9. Tall Timbers Vet Zone

I've got stop/start on a 2017 Ford Escape. I personally love it. I end up getting about the same fuel economy in town as I do when I'm on the open road (which isn't all that great in the Escape ~26-27 mpg). The commentary on the subject on a Ford Escape forum leads me to believe that the majority do not like it. On the Escape there is a button to turn off the feature after you turn on the vehicle. There are odd moments, say when I pull into a parking place and stop, but haven't yet turned off the vehicle, that the stop/start function will kick in and the vehicle will turn itself off and then restart before I've turned it off... doesn't bother me too much.

When ordering my F250 I didn't see anything about stop/start... so unless I just missed it I don't think it's available on that truck. I wouldn't mind if the truck showed up with the feature, though.

10. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

It comes on platinum and above options

Tall Timbers likes this.
  11. Tall Timbers Vet Zone

I'll have to peruse the platinum options again to find that and whatever else I might have missed. I'll be a happy camper if stop/start comes on the truck I ordered...

12. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

According to what I've read on some of the comments on auto tech journals, Ford's start/stop is pretty refined these days, better than even the versions BMW has. If they could make it with a programmable delay to stop the engine, and engine vibration isolation so good you couldn't feel it starting, that would be even better!

Tall Timbers likes this.
  13. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

On the ones I have driven, you hear/feel it start, but it's not bad, because it's related to touching the gas pedal
    once you touch the pedal, it starts, you go.

It startles you when it first shuts down tho.....

14. mete

According to FORD 2018, the engine starts when your foot is released from the brake ! Faster yet !

15. Tall Timbers Vet Zone

That's the way it works on my 2017 Ford Escape. It is so sensitive to restart that it'll start while you're lifting the foot off the brake pedal.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >