Sync 3

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by tbirdt, Jan 3, 2022.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. tbirdt

First off Happy New Year .... I have a 2017 F250 King Ranch 6.2 gas engine and I am trying to update my system and all it does is say looking for updates with the little circle going round and round . Even though I have the Sync 3 the screen information says it's a 2.0 ???? I have it set to update over wifi I don't think it's working . Does anyone else have this problem ? Thank you, Tony

Tags:
  2. captchas

welcome to the site

sounds like you need to carefully read the owners manual and update instructions as that circle means it can't find your wifi connection or the chip holding the downloaded update. also make sure you have the truck on a battery charger while updating as it can take a very long time, possible drain the battery to nothing as i dumily did updating my escapes sinc

tbirdt likes this.
  3. Obe Vet Zone

The V2.0 refers to the Sync Software version, not the Sync model. You may be missing earlier updates that need to be installed before installing the current update. For example, my 2019 F-250 has the current Sync 3 software version of v3.0.20204
    Go The Official Ford Support Site | Ford Owner Support enter your VIN. It will bring you to a new web page. Scroll down until you see Your Vehicle. You will see the Sync Updates there.

You don't per chance have an aftermarket Naviks cable installed, do you? If so, the system will not update because the Naviks cable makes the system thinks its V2.0 instead of the actual current version. You have to remove the Naviks cable to perform the update.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >