Tailgate emblem

Discussion in '2009 - 2014 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by Kenneth Johnson, Jun 7, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Kenneth Johnson Founding Member

image.jpg #ad
    Does anyone know whether the flex fuel emblem on the tailgate has locator pins or is it just stuck on? I want to replace it with this.

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

No locator pins.

3. Kenneth Johnson Founding Member

Perfect, thanks.

4. BigdaddyII Founding Member

It's held on by double sided tape only. I replaced mine with a different badge as well.

5. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Hair dryer (or heat gun not turned up too high) softens the adhesive and it comes off easy then!

6. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

:hello1:You could use a sharp knife and a paint can too.

7. BigdaddyII Founding Member

I just used a piece of fishing line. It comes off pretty easy.

8. Kenneth Johnson Founding Member

image.jpg #ad
    image.jpg #ad
    Done, I am now officially a race driver.

9. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Looks much better than the flex fuel badge! :)anim

10. BigdaddyII Founding Member

11. Kenneth Johnson Founding Member

Thanks I really like it a lot.

12. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Looks good Ken, nice improvement.

13. jimmy-six Founding Member

Do the door, and tailgate EcoBoost emblems come off the same way leaving no holes??? My 04 F-250 fender emblems came off and left holes; how about these later 150's. Any holes on the femders??? Thanx

14. BKW Founding Member

Some emblems that are retained with double sided tape have locating holes in the sheet metal.

FoMoCo has received a gazillion complaints: The Eco Boost emblem fades away. At some point, it cannot be read.

Located on the front doors of F150's, deck lids of cars, tailgates of SUV's.

2015 Expeditions & Navigators are only available with the 3.5L Eco Boost. Where the emblems are, I dunno, as I haven't seen either yet.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  15. BigdaddyII Founding Member

To my knowledge, any "F-150" emblem will have locating pins, as well as the Ford oval on the grill and tailgate. The Eco boost on the doors and flex fuel on the tailgate doesn't. Also the dealer emblem or sticker shouldn't have any locating pins and should be removed immediately.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >