Taillights

Discussion in '2004 - 2008 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by Marty, Aug 9, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Marty

When I turn the headlight switch to automatic the parking taillights will burn but the dash lights will not burn. When I move the switch to parking lights or headlights manually the dash lights burn but not the parking lights in the rear. Can someone help me with this problem?

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Might be a good idea in the future not to copy/paste your post from another forum and paste its links here. :hello2: I've removed those from the post.

This sounds like some of the issues that I've seen happen when there's an issue that occurs when the high/lo beam to driving light override circuit isn't getting proper voltage/load. Are there any LED lights installed? If so, then doing the "bambi" mod will solve it. If not, let me know and we can walk through steps to solve it. :)

3. Marty

There have not been any LED lights added. I did discover something else last night. With a trailer hooked up the trailer taillights will burn in the manual setting but in the automatic setting they will not burn.

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Does anything change when you cover the light sensor on the dash?

5. Marty

I have everything working as it should by simply unplugging the wiring harness and checking the main ground wire down by the emergency brake. Thanks for all your help.

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Glad you found it!

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >