Tap Tap... Is this mic on?

Discussion in '1948 - 1952 Ford F1, F2 and F3 Truck Forum' started by Fords52, Nov 1, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Fords52

Most people are on Facebook - there's dozens of groups dedicated to these trucks. I made a conscious decision to leave FB because of the politics and the unyielding power of the platform and came back to my roots in forums like this.

Not sure if anyone interacts or shares information - but thought I'd try again... Who has a daily driver or one they just drive to shows or on special occasions?

On another note, I took "Lamont" to my first show this weekend and took 3rd in the antique class. 76 vehicles there and probably a dozen or more in my class - felt pretty cool to get the little plastic trophy!

....passing the mic to?

Tags:
    iicap likes this.
  2. iicap

You sure you wanna pass the mic to ME??? I can get VERY long winded. Seriously tho, My responses are long winded because I try to cover all the base's to a problem without having to go back and forth 6 times. It's important to help folks resolve the problem they ask about, quickly as possible. I try to wait a day or so to see if someone else might answer a problem. We've had a couple people first time writers, write back and say they want nothing to do FTZ because of no response to their questions. That's no way for FTZ to grow.

When I did the 66 the first time, it took me 10 yrs to put it back together. The avatar pic you see was part of putting it back together. Finished it because we wanted to go somewhere with it that summer. So, on a Sat morning in July we left CT and we and we came back 80 days and 13,000 miles later. We went to Alaska in it, in and out of Canada 3 prob 4 times. The whole Alaskan Highway with trips off of it down long peninsulas down the West Coast to Woodland CA, then Reno, thenLV, Grand Canyon, then one of the Trips theme's was "A 66 on 66", yep we did a lot of route 66. In WA state I had an air conditioning kit for the truck sent to a friends we were going to stay a week with and to 4 days to install it at her daughter's farm. All done EXCEPT, I needed a stock AC compressor bracket to mount my new compressor. Forget it! I found a hundred for the FE-V8's. Not one in every Pick n Pull junk yard on our route thru WA, OR, CA. In Napa we stayed with friends, he was the facilities manager for Pacific Union College. He said c'mon we'll make you one, and they did. I installed and next morn, at their auto shop, they did all to charge the system and we had AC. IT worked it's butt off keeping us cool thru NV, AZ, TX and eventually back home. That AC never failed in ten or so years and will still work as I haven't taken the cab apart yet on the second frame off, the pick up bed is done. Told ya not to hand me the Mic! LOL, Cap.

3. Fords52

That's an awesome story - Although I do run my 52 about 350 miles one way to NC, I don't know if I would go as far as you did! But, who knows?

Thanks for sharing and giving a 'glimmer' of hope that people on this site actually respond.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso