Teenager Vehicle Again

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by riggers, May 4, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. riggers Founding Member

I know I am being so picky but it's whatever. I'm just gonna post up cars I find and you guys tell me what you think. Price, car model, etc...

Mileage and reliability are big for me because we live far out and I can't deal with a lot of break downs. Her trip is 15 miles one way to work or 12 miles one way to school. I don't care so much about looks or type of car.. but you guys might know better than I about what is junk.

I've got 13 days to find something.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ListingId=395799882&listingId=398195681&Log=0
    This one has a rebuilt title from a fender bender, they repaired it. Airbags did not deploy according to report I ran on the VIN.

Tags:
  2. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

What happens on day 14?

3. riggers Founding Member

I take my car to work and she has no one to drive her

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Unusual for a mild fender bender to have a salvage title. I would not believe anything they said, depending on insurance company they will usually issue a salvage title after the repair cost is 75% or more of the value of the car. That's a $5000 car... and that is BEFORE it had a salvage title. That puts whatever damage was there at an estimate of several thousand dollars by the insurance company. I would run from this, it's probably been patched up.

5. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

FYI: They don't usually issue "Rebuilt" Titles for fender benders. RUN!

This VIN was noted on a number of salvage sites.

6. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

When she hits 16 she turns out of being a punkin' and is well on her way to extending her horizons...

7. riggers Founding Member

8. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

i would pass on both of them. as was said already, there had to be serious damage to that saturn for it to have a salvage title.
    it has plastic fenders on a steel cage. the fenders are only around $150 each new. plus the mileage is way to low for a 9 year old car. as for the chevy, it is as is. and it is also a throw away car, just like the saturn is. top dollar for either one of them is only around $600.

9. riggers Founding Member

The Chevy has damage but isn't a salvage vehicle. I don't know where you're finding $600 cars.

10. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Up here in the east, those are $600 cars.
    I used to get better cars than that in for scrap!

11. riggers Founding Member

Where?

12. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

from Md to new york.
    Don't shop in Va, they start to cost, south of Md

Salt eats um up up here, so they don't live long

13. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I;ll give you a good example. '
    last year I decided I need a mid life I'm stupid car.
    ( I am physically incapable of driving)

I set my sights on a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder 3.0 turbo automatic
    pearl white,tan leather interior, tan top, heated hardglass rear window convert top
    custom 17" wheels
    car has just over 100,000 miles on it, and is garage kept

I paid $1,100 for it

14. riggers Founding Member

Yeah... that's not a 13 day find lol

15. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

What part tex you in?

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >