The booger truck

Discussion in '1973 - 1979 Ford F100, F150, F250-F350 Truck Forum' started by Bertha66, Aug 27, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Bertha66 Vet Zone TOTM Winner Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Drove my 76 F250 4x4 from Central Oregon to Portland and then to Antioch Calif. and back the same route. Did the trip towing a 8x20' box trailer. Came back loaded with most of a house of furniture. Truck did the 1500 miles without missing a beat. Had only one part failure; radiator cap failed a 100 miles from home.

Tags:
    KW5413, JWC 3, FTZ HAIC and 1 other person like this.
  2. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Sounds like a pretty successful trip Allen.

3. Bertha66 Vet Zone TOTM Winner Oregon Chapter Founding Member

It was a success for the old truck John.

4. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I'll be putting just over 600 miles on the panel this weekend and then again the following weekend, so far I've put about 4,000 miles this summer but this is all on a new drive train.

5. Bertha66 Vet Zone TOTM Winner Oregon Chapter Founding Member

The booger has a rebuilt engine; but the drive train is all OEM and untouched.

6. Bertha66 Vet Zone TOTM Winner Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Well the turn signal switch went out again in the truck; 3rd time! The brake lights stopped working and I can find nothing in the wiring that is wrong! I did pick up a old switch out of a truck at this past weekend's swap meet in Redmond; installed it yesterday and all is working again. I will see how a OEM part works out over a China replacement part!

7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Chinese parts always seem to have issues, but it's getting harder to find them made here.

8. Bertha66 Vet Zone TOTM Winner Oregon Chapter Founding Member

That is very true Ken.

9. Paul Masley Founding Member

So true about the asian parts. I am having a hell of a time finding the water bottle pressure cap for my Vic. I did not want to but I put a Stant on the radiator. Still trying to solve the heat problem before I do the valve train work.

10. Bertha66 Vet Zone TOTM Winner Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Well the old booger truck made another trip down to the bay area last week, 525 miles down on Friday night, loaded the 20'box trailer with hose hold stuff on Saturday and then 525 back to central Oregon on Sunday. That was one looong weekend!! We got caught in the snow at Grass lake Cailf. up at 5200' elevation, CHP was making the trucks chain up; but when the trooper looked at my truck and made sure we were in 4 wheel drive, he let us go ahead...

11. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

That sounds great Allen, wish I could still be driving mine but are roads are all salt covered after all our dirty weather.

12. Bertha66 Vet Zone TOTM Winner Oregon Chapter Founding Member

No salt here, they us gravel on the roads and some deicer that I do not like, it leaves brown crap on the truck and seems to screw up the chrome.

13. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

They use a calcium brine of some kind here as well as rock salt and sand when it's colder so anything you want to pretect better stay off the roads until a good rain in the spring.

14. Bertha66 Vet Zone TOTM Winner Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Driving the old truck to Portland with a load out of the trailer for the house I bought with my sister. Do to road and weather conditions; I put stock wheels and snow tires on the old truck. She sure looks funny with stock size wheels on it! Lower the truck over 6" and now the speedo is even right!

Sick6 likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >