Veterans Zone The VA now fills prescriptions by mail at no charge

Discussion in 'Veterans Zone' started by Greywolf, Aug 1, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

at least they do where I am at, and I think the COVID had a lot to do with that, but it is necessary to think a week or two ahead BEFORE your scrips run out

On average, they arrive in one week.

Call it in by selecting the Pharmacy Department when you phone them - you will need the prescription numbers from the labels or from your information sheets that you got with them - but if you don't have that information, they can look them up if you contact the provider or a Nurse

~Usually the Pharmacy Department already has it all on file on computer

IF they DO NOT have your prescription on file, you can talk to a live person

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    Tags:
  2. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

You can use https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/home as well. Very simple and very easy to use for Rx refills once you set the account up. You can also review your entire Rx history from the VA.
    You can do a ton of things from that web site from setting up appointments to refilling Rx's to reviewing your medical records. If you end up in a non VA hospital in Timbuctoo, Mi while traveling you can get in there, load up your records, even download them and let the docs there review your records.

Greywolf likes this.
  3. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Excellent info, thank you

"A crisis is what happens when you forgot to plan a way out "

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  4. wycowboy Vet Zone

I use myhealtheVet to get my prescriptions filled. I have to give them a weeks lead time to make sure I get them before I run out though. I dunno if I am being charged or not, I also have outside insurance and I guess they are being charged.

5. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

VA doesn't usually bill 2nd or 3rd party insurance for Rx drugs. VA drugs are considered dispensed from a hospital pharmacy and therefore are not covered by most Insurance companies Rx drug coverage.
    I haven't ever been charged for drugs related to my SC disability rating. Others I think I was paying $15 for a 90 day supply. I haven't been billed for drugs for some time now. I had gotten on Medicare and got a different insurance for Part D (drugs). They say they don't cover VA Rx meds. They also do not show any billings from the VA. The VA just isn't billing the insurance co..

A one week lead time seems to be the norm. Been hearing on the radio the last few days while traveling that Vets and Seniors are complaining that their meds are being slowed up by the male. We don't know what they are talking about. My wife gets her Rx through United Healthcare's Drug Rx program. She usually gets them in about 3 days from day of shipment, sometimes two.
    I have the VA RX tracking turned on and I get notified when they are shipped. Usually take 2 days to get the Rx filled and ready to ship, never takes more than 3 days and sometime two to get to me.

I really have nothing to complain about when it comes to the VA Rx's and getting to me. I do need to check with them about early renewals though. They won't renew unless you are inside the "window". Usually about 2 weeks before you run out. I do have a problem with that. Currently we are traveling and I tried to renew an Rx before we left. They put it down as a pending with a fill date and delivery date of after we had hit the road and well before we get back.

6. Pops91710 Founding Member

Maybe I can help with that. I ordered a refill via the myhealthevet.gov portal as I have for years. After I got the tracking number when they mailed the medications I watched it go from somewhere just outside of Chicago (why Chicago??) after several days of ricocheting around the country it finally made it to Moreno Valley, California then to Loma Linda,California, then back to Moreno Valley, then on to City of Industry, California, then it went to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, then right back to City of Industry and finally to Chino, California where I live. Total travel time was 12 days and I had by then run out of the last of my heart medication. Recently my refills have been cut back to 30 days supply instead of the usual 90 days. When I called to ask why, they said it was to conserve during the pandemic. It sure makes it hard to hit the road on only a 30 day supply!
    But, I really have never had any problems getting my refills in a week except for that one time.

7. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Sounds like they were being delivered by FedEx. :rofl:anim Don’t get me started on that outfit. A friend sent flowers after a surgery in the VA Hospital. They were overnighted on FedEx. While they were supposed to go to Western Or, for some reason they went to California then back to New York after which he had some ‘words of guidance’ with FedEx and they somehow found Oregon. Needless to say, the flowers were a little brown by the time they got here. I had some shooting equipment being delivered via FedEx from a warehouse in Portland Or. I got it a couple of weeks after the overnight delivery obviously didn’t happen. It had made a couple of trips between Fife Wa & Oakland Ca.

I did have a piece of mail that USPS somehow tried to deliver to me in Sheridan Wyoming...The problem with that is that I am out of Sheridan Oregon.....

All in all we have had very good service here from USPS and UPS. For some reason FedEx just doesn’t like us too well.

Knock on wood, no problem with VA meds being delivered.

8. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

30 day supply on pills & tabs, ONE (01/ea) INHALER of whatever kind per month

Apparently Budesonide and Albuterol are being rationed as well

I wonder what is happening with Pharmaceutical Grade Oxygen "shares" these days...

I would bet anything that pharmaceutical stocks and shares are going to go wild as a result of all this
    (I say that, expecting them all to yack at each other first and decide the best swindle. This takes time)

If you look at what COVID-19 does, it seems tailored for China, and plausibly deniable as a common cold. HOWEVER: It takes out the excess births, and rids China of the old and useless (not to mention seditious)

If I look at in terms of a planned (weaponized) international annoyance: It has performed superbly if that is what it was intended to do

1) OVERBURDEN the MEDICAL INFRASTRUCTURE (sound familiar?) with casualties
    2) BE VACCINATABLE from the start, to protect the party
    3) Not possible to detect until TOO LATE
    4) Not a significant threat to own troops...
    5) If possible - cripple the leadership, who must be older
    6) Create PANIC...
    7) Disrupt Logistics and Transportation: Corona does that to excess....
    8) Introduce (if possible) Social Disorder
    9) Undermine confidence in the Leadership
    10) Maintain "PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY"

* Plausible Deniability in that International community means: "We KNOW you did it, but we can't prove it yet..."

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  9. wycowboy Vet Zone

LOL, I live in Sheridan, Wyoming

Seabiscuit likes this.
  10. wycowboy Vet Zone

Greywolf, I just got over a bad case of Covid-19. I believe it was something the Chinese were developing as a biological weapon and it got away from them. A friend of mine just died yesterday from this crap. China needs to pay, and pay big, for all the deaths from this thing.

11. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

It seems oxymoronic to me that the Chinese consider everyone ELSE to be "barbaric"

~but then, 'GASLIGHTERS' do it to themselves first...

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso