F-250 6.2 transmission problem

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by Redstarn, Oct 6, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Redstarn

Hello , all you truck owners of f -250
    most recently I had difficulty moving from a light going up hill .
    I was waiting for light to change green , and the truck was in drive and foot was on brake .
    light changed to green , but transmission would not engage , like it was slipping , I brought up rpms a little and the drive selector said 4 gear , which is impossible , so I stopped looked behind for other cars and let the truck roll back 15 feet , then put it in drive again .
    I managed to move it to an area where there was level ground , put the selector in neutral , emergency on , and checked the transmission oil , it was full
    then I put the selector in park , checked the oil it was full .
    got home shortly there after and scrolled to where transmission temperature reading was 198 degrees

would this be normal temperature and has any body ever had this happen , my mileage is at 47,000 miles

Tags:
  2. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

198 is a little low for a transmission that was just running, i would expect closer to 210

3. Redstarn

*****September 8th, in for computer checkup today ? and replace engine block heater cable plug in
    see what dealer mechanics say if a code popped up , good luck my beauty white ford truck.

4. Redstarn

September 9 ,
    dealer ship , completed a computer check up
    no codes came up and a computer transmission reset was done
    still unsure if this was the problem ,the transmission shifts itself very well as it travels to road speed
    I will be continuing monitoring system gauges and transmission temps
    temperature of transmission traveling for 2 hrs . was consistant at 203 degrees
    these 6 speed transmissions , probably get serviced later on at 140,00 to 160,00 km so dealer says
    drivers manual says 120,000 km , im at 62,000 km
    more to follow ?

5. Bryan

I have 2019 f250. 20k miles. Parked on 15 degree sloped driveway in 25° weather. Front end down slope. For 3 hours at school watching 2 kids basketball games. Truck transmission and motor cold. Started motor and backed up slope to even ground. Put in drive and went nowhere. Was weird so I put back in park and then to drive again. Worked and I drove off...but noticed wrench light on dash. In a few seconds it went off. I am worried there is a design flaw.
    This is my work truch and I can't have this bullpoop. My last 4 Ford's were great.

Miss my old truck,
    Bryan

6. Redstarn

Hello Bryan
    Best to have the dealer put the computer on it see what possibly could be going on . We have not had any issues , but I do worry about high temperature numbers , this may be transmission cooler on our vehicle high as 204 but what would it become in 70 or higher degrees towing something ? I will continue monitoring we are not entering winter and feel because of cold weather and freezing , the condensation may be inside transmission , so short trips are sort of out , warm ups are obvious .

7. yakmeoff

I drive a 2019 f250 service truck for my company yesterday sitting at a stoplight after being in traffic for 2 hours when to take off flat ground truck would not move acted the same as if it was slipping shift it into number one to get the truck moving but we're barely go got it to a parking lot check fluid levels all okay shut truck off restarted put in drive and has been fine until this morning put in reverse to back into a parking spot and began to shut her violently headed to the dealer after my work today

8. ParakeetJohn

I'm having a bit of an issue. When I'm at a standstill, and put it into reverse, even if I've sat there in reverse with my foot on the brake for a while to allow it to engage, there's a bit of a lag before the gear actually goes into gear, as if there's a little bit of play in mechanics (like it slips and then hits). This is a brand new 2019 F250 with 120 miles.

9. Redstarn

Hello , has any one had rotors / and pads changed , front and back / and emergency brakes changed . This would be a complete brake job , just asking ours was done at 48,800. miles brakes were toast . Cost was unreal with labor in Ontario Canada , Ford dealer ! I should say my vehicle is safer for my family now .

10. Biffster

Bringing up an older thread, but found while I was at the boat ramp the other morning, boat off the trailer, truck in Drive, move forward slightly, take my foot off the gas, the truck would roll backwards, almost like it was in neutral! They have to replace the Transfer Case Motor as it was damaged in the engine fire and said they will check it out then.

11. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

What kind of time line are they giving for this?

12. Biffster

They said it will be sometime the first of March. Damn, now that you mentioned it, I should have asked is that March of 2021!

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >