Top Gear coming back

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by FTZ HAIC, May 13, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I always like the show for it's comic relief more than anything else, not as a pure "car guy" show. It's coming back May 29th, with a new crew. I'm not hopeful, but will give it a try....

Tags:
  2. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I don't get many of the shows anymore that we dropped some of the channels, I got tired of all the repeats..

3. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I love the humor of that show!

I'll miss the two other guys though - I hope the new cast has some car savvy to match them.

4. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

I get criticized for watching the American version, but I find it funny, entertaining, and sometimes educational. The American version that is. To be honest, I haven't watched the BBC version.

56panelford likes this.
  5. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Even in re-runs you're missing a lot by not seeing the original UK version. There's a reason it was the most watched show in the world. Some of the best comedic gold around. The Vietnam episode, the unkillable Toyota truck, etc.

6. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

this be the one?

7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Yeah, that's it.

Some of the other great episodes (as far as comedy goes):
    The homemade space shuttle, home made RVs, 4wd trip through the Amazon, trip through the USA (Alabama really embarrassed itself).

8. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Before I dumped some of my channels I do remember seeing a few episodes of that show..

9. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

The reviews are terrible and Matt LeBlanc already admitted that he didn't to much with the regards to stunts.

Why the hell would they pick him anyway?

10. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I watched it.... horrible.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >