Tow-Roping a truck with no brakes?

Discussion in '1948 - 1952 Ford F1, F2 and F3 Truck Forum' started by Pinky, Apr 26, 2022.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Pinky

Hey everybody!

I'm about to buy a 52 F1 from a neighbor down the street and we need to move it literally a block away from his garage to my garage. The thing is, theres no brakes. Master is dry. And the E-brake cable I'm guessing is frozen/not doing braking things. Wondering if y'alls have any tips on getting it from one block to another via tow strap? Could I put it in gear and use the clutch as a brake? I know it's a stupid question but doesnt really make sense to trailer a truck that short a distance and there's a couple of inclines so pushing would be a chore at best.

Thanks for any input!

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Clutching it in 1st gear will work if you take it slow, that's what I would do if trailering wasn't an option. Or double tow with one truck pulling it, and another truck behind it. The last truck behind it could do the braking if needed. It would be a hoot to watch that though!

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >