Transmission leaking after breaking ujoint

Discussion in '2004 - 2008 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by Wayne07, Apr 7, 2022.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Wayne07

I installed moog u joints last week , they were to long so I had to grind clips to make them work one of the clips popped out yesterday. No there's tyranny fluid leaking between transmission and transfer case . What could have happened ? By the way . Thanks for the add .

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

There's a seal on the transfer case input that can leak. Normally it means fluid from the transmission under pressure is forced into the transfer case but not as an external leak.

There's also a double seal between the transfer case and transmission. If the input shaft seal is leaking, the pressure might have blown out the double seal.

Remove the fill plug from the transfer case on level ground, I'll bet it leaks when it shouldn't because the fill level is now too high, and your transmission level is too low.

It probably needs both seals replaced.

3. Wayne07

Thanks I'll check it out . It don't really make sense to me that seal would go instead of the one on tail of transfer case . I thought I may have cracked the housing when the u joint messed up . Thanks again for the input .

4. Wayne07

20220410_185318.jpg #ad

5. Wayne07

Cracked housing . Ford item . Just wanted to update .

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >