Truck and Trailer

Discussion in 'Towing, RV's, Campers and 5th Wheels' started by Michelle, Apr 10, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Michelle

I have been summering in Colorado for the past few years. I have a truck show I am wanting to attend the last week of August in Des Moines. In order to not have to drive all the way back to Texas to pick up my travel trailer I decided to make a few mods to my LTL. I installed a sliding fifth wheel on it and mounted it so that it would slide rearward so I could get my fifth wheel trailer on it without tearing it up. Next I installed a air over electric brake controller on it for the electric brakes on the trailer and them made up a new trailer electrical cord to that plugs into the same outlet on the back of my sleeper that I use for my semi trailer. I am now almost ready to head for the truck

DSCN2226.JPG #ad

DSCN2228.JPG #ad

Tags:
  2. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Sweet! Nice job!

3. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

Do you think you have enough truck for the camper?!!

Just kidding! That's a good set-up.

Do you have a generator on the truck? That'd be a nice power source should you ever need it for the camper.

4. Michelle

I still need to put a set of fenders on it so it don't beat up my trailer with rocks caught in the tire tread. I do have a generator on the truck.

Campspringsjohn likes this.
  5. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

That's what you call a nice rig!

6. Michelle

Thanks Ken, I really enjoy that truck. I was meaning to say I am leaving the last week of May for Des Moines not the last week of August. I have a little over a month before I leave.

7. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Wow. Long nose LTL
    That brings back memories
    Nice "rig"

8. White 97 XLT

Shouldn't have any trouble in the Colorado mountains with that for a tow rig.. Nice work....

9. BKW Founding Member

If you think Michelle's LTL is nice, just wait till she posts a pic of her '67 N series. It's beautiful!

10. Michelle

Your very kind Bill, it would not be as nice as it is if not for your help. It was with your help that I found the hard to find parts. I think I have some pictures of the N series on this site someplace.

11. XDM45 Vet Zone Founding Member

Good thinking. I could see where that would be a problem.

12. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

True thing that - trucks are built out of steel. RV's are made out of gel coat over plywood.

Campspringsjohn likes this.
  13. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Here ya go
    https://www.fordtruckzone.com/threads/my-big-slick.655315/

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >