Veterans Zone U.S. military drops 22,000-pound bomb on Islamic State forces in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Veterans Zone' started by captchas, Apr 13, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. captchas

Tags:
  2. F350-6 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Well he did say he would bomb the poop out of ISIS while campaigning.

I'd love to see photos that show how effective this monster was, but from what I've read it left a 300 meter crater. I'm guessing the tunnels in at least that area are no longer in existence, and probably further out than that.

Now that we've done it, I wonder what kind of SAM capability ISIS has? 130's are going to become a target if they're worried.

3. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

That had to be one hell of a bang! It said that it wasn't a penetrating bomb, which is What I thought would have been best in this situation. But I bet it took out some bad folks none the less. Perhaps Trump also wanted to make a statement!

4. F350-6 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Detonation above ground will send a massive shockwave into the ground. That doesn't play well with tunnels. And even though it went off above ground, it still left a 300 meter crater.

5. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I hope LOTS of the barstards went to meet allah today.............good riddance

6. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I'm jealous! I want them to drop one of those around here. We could use a new lake to fish in and with the way it's been raining it wouldn't take long to fill it up either.

I'm kind of guessing that other than 12.5 Machine Guns or the equivalent and some 30 cal stuff, they may not have a tremendous amount of AAA or SAM capability. They probably already have a serious respect, (or fear) of a C-130 floating around over head as the Specter has been heavily used since day 1 of the war over there. I don't suppose they expected the big bang problem to be left behind by one. Those who weren't disintegrated or crushed by debris, most likely have some serious over compression and concussion problems.....
    [​IMG]#ad

Campspringsjohn likes this.
  7. captchas

8. F350-6 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

I figured AK-47, RPG, and SA-7 were standard issue over there. A 130 would be safe from all those, but it's been a long time since I've been in the game so if they would have had SA-7's back then, I was just wondering what they have now? I know they had SA-7's in Afghanistan around 30 years ago. I'm guessing they've improved since then (although their mentality doesn't seem to have)

9. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

We never hear much about SA-7's or Stingers for that matter. SA-7's used to be quite common, but it wouldn't surprise me if there weren't a bunch of Stingers over there considering that ISIS got a lot of US stored equipment and weapons that were left in storage over there. SA-7's are pretty old tech and pretty easily spoofed by counter measures, but the Stingers or the SA-7B's could be a whole different story. I believe Pakistan is still making the SA-7.

10. captchas

this am's news reads they have found 96 bodies from the blast, might need to drop a few more moab's on them

11. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I've seen that report from more than one source. I'd be almost willing to bet there are more than 90, but it is going to be a difficult BDA as far as that goes due to collapsed tunnels, vaporization and mutilations.

12. captchas

how true,that blast force would vaporize a lot . they have to get in there for real to try and find out,

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso