Veterans Zone Vet Zone user group

Discussion in 'Veterans Zone' started by FTZ HAIC, May 19, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I have created Veterans Zone user group which puts a red, white and blue Vet Zone tag under your user name in posts. See this example:
    https://www.fordtruckzone.com/threads/test-post-for-veteran-zone-user-tag.654918/

To join the Veterans Zone user group please go here (non-Veterans please don't apply).
    https://www.fordtruckzone.com/account/join-user-groups

Once the Veteran's Zone leader approves your request, you'll see the tag under all your previous and future posts. I am working on additional group related functions for both Veteran Zone members and leader.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    Tags:
    Archion and Fabman like this.
  2. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Thanks Ken! I like this idea!

3. Critter Vet Zone Founding Member

Who is the vet zone leader, out of curiosity?

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I've offered it to Greywolf since he has enthusiasm around vet issues, but haven't heard back yet.

Archion likes this.
  5. Critter Vet Zone Founding Member

Good choice.

Archion likes this.
  6. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I have to tell a story here, for better or worse.

At "another place" I several times proposed a veterans chapter - and was told it could never ever happen because it meant that people would then ask for chapters for all kinds of spurious things. Again and again a veterans chapter was denied.

In the meantime, I ran "VETERANS THREADS" that were named different things. But when "SOCIAL GROUPS" appeared over there - I thought that we as veterans were a large and already formed group who were very different in our views from others, and so I exploited what was then available.

"If not a chapter..." so I reasoned: "Then we can be a group!" and so it came out. We quickly outstripped by numbers all other social groups that had been set up there, yet the main interaction we found was still in the threads we posted in each year, starting a new one (fittingly) on the Fourth of July.

*Eventually, they became dis-used and over time defunct.

Those social groups eventually came to fall by the wayside except for ours, but the main participation was on the forums themselves, and in our particular thread(s).

Recently - "OVER THERE" a subforum came to be, and I regret that I left it because I cannot be two places at once. But it came about because someone that was trusted more than I was pushed for it. That I do not regret, for it was time something was done. Nor do I harbor any discord about it! Far from it - my Brother made happen what I could not. I cheered for it.....

But I can no longer be part of anyplace else, excepting those with a different focus - such as Japanese cars or such.

HERE we have been blessed with our own area.

We are offered distinction, unique to ourselves here as well - a badge or a medal - or ribbon as it were. I do not know what the XENFORO people may have done to make the social group idea more remarkable, and I wonder about that. We will see.

None of us have changed, least of all myself. I don't at this time see what such a new social group might be like, but I do know one thing well-
    I can't do this alone. It will need BACKUP, someone besides me in case I am away for whatever reason.

Especially if it needs approving who comes and may be so designated, that is a chore, and make no mistake. But it is a task that can be delegated.

I will take this on for all of our sakes, but I desire a second, a third, and mayhap even a fourth of command so to speak.
    Thus we can cover all circumstances

I will do this - if you join with me

There I give it you - what shall be done?

Given this day, by my hand.
    HUZZAH!

~AT1(AW) Dutch J.

Archion and KW5413 like this.
  7. Critter Vet Zone Founding Member

I check in every single single day multiple times. I could help.

KW5413 likes this.
  8. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Thanks Dutch!

It would be difficult to find someone that would honor Vets with the same commitment and zeal as you.

Thank you again for what you have done, at both sites.

9. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

As always Dutch, I have your"6". If you need any help you know how to get ahold of me my friend.....

10. Archion Vet Zone Article Contributor

Awesome stuff

11. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I have had a "request pending" since the first day Ken activated the "join" feature.....Is this up and fully functional or was I too quick on the trigger?

Should I "withdraw join request" and then resubmit?

12. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Okay, it's my fault, lol. I thought as admin I'd see these requests too and be able to approve them, but apparently not. I quickly set myself up a mod for the Vet section, temporarily, so I can see requests.... good grief there are nine!

Getting them now.

Archion likes this.
  13. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Hi guys, I had to change the sizing on the Vet Zone banner. It uses some special CSS styling tricks to achieve the 3 color gradients, it's having some issues with some browser screens. Temporarily it will be narrower than other banners until I can resolve the sizing issue.

Archion likes this.
  14. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I believe I resolved it. Vet Zone banner should now be the same size as the others. If you spot any issues let me know.

15. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Looks good Ken, Thanks!

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >