Vibration on slow down

Discussion in '2015 - 2020 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by Zashow10, Mar 2, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Zashow10

Here is hoping somebody has the answer. I have a 2017 F 150 4 X4 with the 3.5 V6 and the 10-speed automatic. Upon slow down from freeway speeds at approximately 55 miles an hour there's a vibration that travels through the vehicle it goes away and it could be felt again at approximately 25 miles an hour to 15 miles an hour. The transfer case has been replaced, and I was told the transmission is in good shape. Does anybody have a solution or an answer to this problem? There is no vibration on slide acceleration through any of the gears or speeds it is strictly on light braking or throttle off that this vibration occurs.

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

This kind of thing can be very hard to track down the cause, because there can be many. From things like an unbalanced driveshaft, worn u-joint, tie-rods, slight "death wobble" (on 4x4s like yours), ring and pinion in a differential, etc. Ford has a service bulletin for the ring and pinion related issue. Based on the number of people who have had this problem, I'd bet it's the ring and pinion issue. All the above should be covered under warranty.

3. Zashow10

Thank you again for the information. There was a loud clunking noise that presumably came from the transfer case which was replaced. This truck only has eight thousand miles on it. Not really a lot of time for things to go wrong unless it happened from the get-go. I will bring up the differential bulletin to my advisor and let them take another shot at it. Thanks again for the information.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >