Vista Sunroof electrical issues

Discussion in '2015 - 2020 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by FoneFiddy, Sep 27, 2022.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. FoneFiddy

2018 Lariat Super Crew with 50K on the clock. Yep, I have the broken track issue. There were pieces of it in each side. I bought aftermarket tracks to replace them. Seems like a pretty straight forward fix.

I could not get the roof to vent because the switch is not working, so I took off the accordion blinds on each side and removed the 6 screws holding the front glass in place. I then removed the front glass. I removed all the broken pieces that I could find on both sides. I took out the end blocker piece, the rear screw piece, and one of the two screws on the front retainer piece, as well as unhooked the shade arms. I could not remove the track because one of the 3 tabs wouldn't clear when I "bent" the plastic runner. I assume that's why the glass has to be vented. The tracks will not move very much if at all. This was done to both sides.

The overhead console switches do not work at this point. I checked the Vista roof fuses with a test light under the passenger side dash and # 27 is always hot and working fine. # 23 is hot when the key is in accessory mode or the engine is running and is good too. Ground is good on the back of the cab. Overhead console map lights work as they should as does the vanity mirror, but the open, tilt, close switches of the roof aren't functioning at all. Neither is the sunshade open and close button.

I am about at my wit's end. Electrical is not my strong suit, bit I can work my way around with a multimeter and test light. I could not find any fuse pertaining to the sunroof in the engine compartment box. I think if I can get the switches working again, then I can get this thing fixed. I hate to throw $$ at new switches or motor if it doesn't need it. Currently, the glass is back in, but not seated correctly. I have tried the initialization procedure but without functioning switches it's a no-go. So I have duct tape around the perimeter of the exterior glass trying to keep water out and the sunshade is covering only the back glass. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Tags:
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >