Troubleshooting TPMS setup on new F450

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by nms-F450, Mar 16, 2022.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. nms-F450

I have a new F450. The TPMS display on the FordPass phone app doesn't show tire pressures. The dealer / salesman thought it would start working after it had time to 'calibrate'. I've put 100 miles on it and still it isn't working. I called Ford hotline but they couldn't fix it after resetting the Sync system. The owner's manual has instructions for re-setting the TPMS system that involves letting pressure out of the wheels and so forth. But it refers to a screen on the Sync system for doing this. However, I can't find any Sync screens that have to do with vehicle TPMS only trailer TPMS.

What are the steps to get to a Sync screen to setup/manage vehicle TPMS? I just want to know what other Ford owners see when using Sync.

Has anyone else experienced issues with TPMS not working using the FordPass phone app and what did you do to fix it?

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

This should do it with just the regular tire information screen on the dash:

Part 1: Activating Tire Pressure Monitoring System Reset Mode

1. Place the ignition in the off position and keep the key in the ignition.
    2. Without starting the engine, turn your key to the ON position.
    3. Quickly switch the hazard flashers on then off 3x.
    Note: Once your vehicle enters TPMS reset mode, the horn will sound once and a message will appear in the information display. If this does not occur, repeat the sequence.

Part 2: Re-Training Your Tire Pressure Sensors
    1. Decrease the air pressure in the driver-side front tire until the horn sounds once.
    2. Decrease the air pressure in the passenger-side front tire until the horn sounds once.
    3. Decrease the air pressure in the passenger-side rear tire until the horn sounds once.
    4. Decrease the air pressure in the driver-side rear tire until the horn sounds once.
    5. Turn the ignition off.
    Note: If at any point in the re-training process two short horn beeps are heard, the reset procedure was unsuccessful. Please try repeating the sequence from PART 1: Activating TPMS Reset Mode.

3. nms-F450

Thanks for the reply. I took it to the dealer and they said it doesn't have TPMS because F450 is classified as a commercial vehicle. Something about safety rules don't apply to commercial vehicles. So I think I'm into trying to use aftermarket solutions. It supports trailer TPMS however. What are the chances I could configure a trailer profile only program in the truck TPMS sensors? Anybody tried to do something like that? What about aftermarket TPMS that integrates with cell phone?

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >