Veterans Zone WANTED: E-Series Ford van, wheelchair modified, East TN area

Discussion in 'Veterans Zone' started by Greywolf, Jun 23, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

(See this thread: https://www.fordtruckzone.com/threads/my-new-life-of-interest-only-to-those-who-knew-me.655117/)
    *He served with the Aussies

This man is a worthy and honorable veteran of allied service, in a powered chair these days who likes a Ford 'Connie as the choice. What I'd like to do is try to find a reasonably 'CHERRY' set of wheels that has all or most of what he's looking for at a price that isn't stupid...

Even if it has to be brought there from farther away than is optimal. I'd volunteer as a driver if necessary.

Can we do this?

Tags:
  2. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

I looked a bit ... I found a good priced full size well equipped ,GM !
    Most I find are GM or Dodge .
    I service a fleet of med port vans 80% are dodge the others are gm ....
    they use Caravans mostly .
    I will keep my eyes out though .

3. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

He wants an "E" specifically...

4. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Yes ,, I understand .
    I will keep my eyes open for prospects .
    A customer sold one last year after his Mother passed .
    The person that bought it got a Good van .
    It did not have hand controls though .

5. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

These vehicles tend to serve for a while, but when those who need them are gone they come up for sale

~I hate to put it like that, but there it is.

THERE MUST BE SOME OF THEM

~this is not an old idea

6. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Hand controls can be fitted , at a reasonable cost .
    Side loader with remote , drop floor is good , IF done properly .
    High roof is ok , But has limited acess to parking structures .

7. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Keep thinking

Somewhere there is one

8. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Hopefully our activity will draw others that may know of something .
    I will put out a few feelers to friends , maybe something will turn up soon .

9. Critter Vet Zone Founding Member

I'm a bit too far out to help on this one. I can't take leave until my MEB is complete, so I'm grounded.

10. Theo Vet Zone

Thank you for this post, Greywolf, I hope I can afford one when you find it. I served with the Aussies and the Brits.

11. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Theo, go to ebay and setup an account (free) if you don't already have one. Login, do a search for the terms you want, and then set up that search as an alert. It will then email you any time there is a match.

Next, go to craigslist, sign up for a free account, do a search for the item(s) you want, scroll down to the bottom and save that search as an alert. It will then email you any future matches.

Fabman likes this.
  12. Theo Vet Zone

Thank you Ken, I shall have someone here do that for me.

13. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I HAVE PROPOSED A VOTE to include Great Britain, Australia, and Canadian veterans to be OFFICIALLY of us...

I know your past history, we have talked many times. I am confident this will happen without fail, but wanted it to be made clear and strong so that there is never any doubt whatsoever. THAT is why, my great friend and mentor. I have never forgotten you, and shall always believe in you as well. You have been an inspiration to me, I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

And we will FIND THIS VAN for you, no matter what it takes. Even (I suspect) if it has to be BUILT

*On that note, I wonder if it would be worth while to talk to "CRITTER" in a private conversation? He has some very strong inclinations in exactly this direction. If nothing else - he may have some excellent ideas

14. Theo Vet Zone

One of the sad things in my life now is the almost total failure of my memory - some things I remember, others I do not. It is sad to try to recall things and find nothing there. I do not have Alzheimer's fortunately, just a fried brain that stopped functioning properly. My cognitive ability is fine, my memory sucks. I do not doubt at this time, you know my history better that I do.

15. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

It looks like a vote or something is not necessary. We'll just 'wing it'...

On memory loss, umm...
    What were we just talking about? OH! Yeah...

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >