Wash, Polish, and Wax....what do you use?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by pirahnah3, May 11, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. pirahnah3 Founding Member

Just thought I would get this out here and see what people are using.

For me as I had tossed almost all my stock with the adaptation to work trucks, now that I have a NEW truck I want to take care of her. I was able to get work to pony up some funds so that I can "properly maintain" the vehicles.

SO with that said I have started purchasing Adams Polishes and other products. I have seen them used for years on my friends vehicles and have used their detail spray once before on my last vehicle as I got it as a free trial.

Personally I love the products, Made in America is something they fully believe in and have statements and vids on their site talking about it, and how they feel about it.

Now....What do you use?

Tags:
  2. BigdaddyII Founding Member

Any car wash soap available at what ever store I happen to be at when I remember I need more. I have a microfiber mitt to wash, a drying towel called "The Absorber", used with Eagle 1 wax as you dry. Once or twice a year a coat of Collinite 845 is thrown on and buffed off.

3. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

I have a detailer buddy of mine hit the muscle cars once a year. Most of the other time I just mist them with a water spray and dry with micro fibers. The other four go straight to the "watch 'em do it" car wash. :rock:anim

4. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

I prefer Dove soap and a Brazilian wax.

Wait a minute, is that what we were talking about?

5. Upland Bird Hunter Founding Member

6. BIGKEN Founding Member

When it rains...my vehicle gets washed. Never gets waxed.

OldjunkFords likes this.
  7. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

LOL, that saves a lot of elbow grease.

I use the 'ol standby Turtle Wax on the '95 Fruck every year or two. I tried too many of the "Look it's magic!" kinds, usually on infomercials to bring back the dead paint on the old '78. I'm still looking for a good wax to use on Clearcoat on Donna's newer car, maybe try the Adams or Meguiars mentioned here.

8. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I pressure wash my old Ranger in the spring...............best way to get the moss off it!

9. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

Pressure wash the moss off, I can tell you live in the wet side of Oregon :) My mother lives in the southwest there, I often clean moss off of her place.

10. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Ha, ha....One of my employees bought a very used fleet truck (Chevy) 7 years ago. If not for the rain it would never see water. Sometimes it gets the Super Wash...

11. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

This, of course, is the best way to keep it clean....But, I don't let them touch my American Muscle. :)

:smoke:anim

BigdaddyII likes this.
  12. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

Keith, that's got to be the best way to wash your car/truck! Sit back with a beer and watch the work get done.

13. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

Whoa, outstanding display of footwork.

14. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Pressure washing the moss of cars/trucks/houses is a time honor spring tradition in W. Oregon.

BigdaddyII likes this.
  15. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

And cutting back the trees to keep the water view. Those shore pines grow right quick in protected spots. Sometimes the wind gets up to 80-100mph and blows the salty foam 200 yards in, then she gets to wash the windows again.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >