Water in head light

Discussion in '1992 - 1996 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by junkyardjeff, Sep 18, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. junkyardjeff

Kept blowing a bulb and then realized there was water in the light,took it off and filled with water to see where it was coming in and no water came out after sitting all night so could it get that much water in it by condinsation over the years. Looks like I will just dry it out and put it back on.

Tags:
  2. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

the seals deteriorate over the years and water will seep in from the top of the lens housing.
    the only fix is to replace the housing, or drill a small drain hole in the bottom of the housing.

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

GM has these little u-shaped rubber tubes on some of their headlight housings which let them drain but don't let water in. They might be something you can add to any hole you drill. I wish I could remember what they are called, because I'm having a hard time locating them with a search.

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Didn't find the specific part I was looking for, but here's something that will do the job

5. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

If the lenses are still decent ,pull the headlights and drill a small drain hole on the bottom at the rear of the housing. Works well.

6. junkyardjeff

Going to drill a small hole before I put it back on.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >