Welp... I got rid of my Fords...

Discussion in 'General Truck Discussion' started by Major Malfunktion, Apr 19, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Major Malfunktion Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Seems strange to me to be saying this, but I no longer own any Ford vehicles...

And, no, it's not because I've developed a sudden dislike for Fords...

About a week or so back, I sold the '77 F150 to a young couple who needed transportation. I've known this kid for a while - he's a good kid. Even though he's a Chevy guy, he's always like my old green Ford. All he could offer was $20 so, I sold it to him for $20. Now the state is giving him grief because they feel the selling price was too low for something they deem "collectible". The truck had been sitting in my wife's driveway for about 5-years or so now - I didn't seen any reason to hold on to it. Time to let go. It was turning into a "money pit" anyway. They cleaned it out and got it running - still runs smooth. I'm glad to see it go to someone who will appreciate it...

Yesterday, I signed the title to the '04 Ranger over to my wife. She needed another vehicle and she's hoping to give her '98 Windstar to our daughter. Getting that kid to drive is like pulling teeth from a chicken - she has some kind of anxiety issue when it comes to driving. I'm glad the wife took it, though, 'cuz that means I still get to see it :)... It also gets the Ranger out of my mom's driveway, which made her happy... Since getting my dad's truck, I didn't figure I'd be be driving the lil' red truck much, if at all, anyway...

Both trucks went to good homes - I'm okay with that. And, it gets me back down to just 1 vehicle, which is all I have room for anyway...

Tags:
    JWC 3 and dustybumpers like this.
  2. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

It's all good. It's a good thing to clean house, and start out fresh.

JWC 3 likes this.
  3. helifixer TOTM Winner Southwest Chapter

okay now I fell a little bad having 7 licensed and insured vehicles for my wife and me to share. NOT!!!!!! 5 of them are powerstrokes, a little miffed that my wife doesn't want me to insure my '53 and '80 jeeps that never move but are licensed.

dustybumpers likes this.
  4. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

Sometimes you just gotta clean house. I understand.

5. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Oh, I still have 21 cars tagged and insured. There will probably be more that "follow me home" in the future.

6. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Somehow, if I show that to The Queen, she will remain unimpressed with my 6...

7. captchas

good luck with trying to keep a open driveway terry. wish for that here. too many cars for toys .

8. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Wait till the next one"follows YOU home"
    roflmao

9. captchas

we all know that's easy to have happen,

dustybumpers likes this.
  10. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Yeah. Bought a

GASP

88 Chevrolet 3500 dually today
    At least it has a 454 in it.

11. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

A nice economical daily driver!

dustybumpers and KW5413 like this.
  12. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

You KICK yourself
    You ask yourself "WHY?"
    You think about all the cash you have in it
    You think about what you could have done with it....

BEAT YOURSELF UP over and over again,
    And then you finally come around to a quiet moment and see:

What a wise man told me once is this-

"THERE COMES A TIME WHEN YOU HAVE TO BE WILLING TO ABANDON YOUR BAGGAGE"

13. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Price was right, low milage, and the F-350 just turned over 500,000 miles.
    Time to break in a "new one" to yank the trailer up and down the road

14. captchas

thought i was bad buying a 2017 chevy 1500 midnight special to tow with .couldn't handle the alum body problems after both the 07 and 12 mustangs has rot problems on their hoods.doors and trunk lids

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >