What are you driving?

Discussion in '1997 - 2003 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by tiny1, Apr 22, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. tiny1 Founding Member

I figured that it would be interesting to see what everyone is driving in the '97-'04 Heritage generation of the F-150.

I currently have a 2001 F-150 XLT SuperCab, 4X4, Short bed. It has 160,000 miles on her with a 5.4 under the hood.

Tags:
    Redrocket likes this.
  2. TeamBrahma TOTM Winner Founding Member

This 98 needs no introduction, for some...

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v723_NoTurningBack_Bull_20in_20Indy_zpstqy9bmrz.jpg #ad

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v723_NoTurningBack_Bull_20in_20Indy_zpstqy9bmrz.jpg #ad

Redrocket and JWC 3 like this.
  3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Looks brand new.

4. TeamBrahma TOTM Winner Founding Member

Thanks. 98 F150 with 140k on it. 5.4L auto, started life as a Lariat but has become known as the Brahma Bull Edition (rebranded with badging to match and everything). It's my show toy - been as far west as Indianapolis (where this picture was taken) and a lot of places in PA as well.

Believe it or not, that bed is getting replaced. The floor was completely rotted out when that pic was taken. The bedliner was about the only thing keeping stuff in it.

FTZ HAIC likes this.
  5. tiny1 Founding Member

Ahh yes, the infamous "The Bull"

6. Bill W Founding Member

still have my 65... 66 and a 63

:)

Redrocket likes this.
  7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

56 and 66, my two favorite years.

Bill W likes this.
  8. TeamBrahma TOTM Winner Founding Member

Since it's the 97-03 area, here's the "nameless" third party (that's not in my sig). Not the best pic, but it's a 98 Expedition Eddie Bauer. Pulling a trailer for giggles in this shot (actually was to help one of our other FTE friends out last spring)...

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v723_NoTurningBack_towing2_zps37678b73.jpg #ad

9. Stewart Founding Member

I still have my '99 Lightning, but it's not in great shape paint-wise. As well, I need to find a bag of money dropped by an armored car so I can track down the detonation issue I've had way back when I first started modding it.

Until then, my '99 PSD gets all my mod money.

Stewart

10. TeamBrahma TOTM Winner Founding Member

Well, as per the sig, I have 2 money pits lol. Joys of a single, frugal life.

11. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Just realized my last post in the thread made it seem like I am driving a 56 and 66. I am not. I wish I had one of each of those two years!

What I have now:

2006 F150 FX4, with the Roush goodies
    2004 F250 6.0L diesel

Wife has a 2005 Freestar, we bought through an FTE member who worked in up state New York at Van Bortel Ford. I am having a brain fart I can't remember his name.

When we bought all three of them the plan was to drive them until the wheels fell off.

12. BigdaddyII Founding Member

Jeff?

13. tiny1 Founding Member

Damn Ken, Van Bortel's is about 25 minutes from my house.

14. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I believe so.

15. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

They were enough of a hassle free dealer that it was worth flying up there and driving it back. Entire transaction took 15 minutes, the paperwork simple and the price exactly what I was told with not an extra penny of gimmicks added.

I gotta say that part of the state is beautiful.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >