What is with Dodge, and these weird & lame ad- videos?

Discussion in 'General Truck Discussion' started by Greywolf, Feb 6, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

For example: How "COUNTRY" do most of these people really look to you?

And then there is THIS one, like WOW man...

My first thought on that last one was that Eric Idle & John Cleese were consulted for a plot for that one...

It's as if they gave up on dazzling people with brilliance and had to settle for the "BAFFLE" option :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Tags:
  2. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

Well first of all, there are no Dodge trucks anymore. They are Rams. Get your terminology stright.

I thought the Vikings one was pretty funny (the Vikings almost made it to the superbowl. Get it?)

The other Ram superbowl commercial (Martin Luther King) was lame.

I thought all three of Chrysler's Jeep commercials for the superbowl were good, especially the anit-manifesto one.

3. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

Well, I've never seen these commercials before. I guess their designed to hit a target audience like one may be for the Country Music Television crowd that watches their reality TV shows, I don't. And the other must be for the Viking crowd. Is there some reality tv show about vikings? They are both quite strange though.

4. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

It's a superbowl commercial John. It plays on the fact that the Minnesota Vikings almost made it to the superbowl.

5. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

I missed seeing that commercial. And that was the only football game I watched this year. But, I do get it now, thanks.

6. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

Yeah, I think it would have turned out a lot better if the Vikings actually had made it to the superbowl. I'm not sure why they're driving a Ram to cross the ocean, though. Maybe an anchor?

7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I think you missed the point. The video kept switching from country to city scenes. The "country" they are talking about is highlighted at the end: America

8. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

That's nationalism. Also Patriotism.

"COUNTRY" as I think of it is horses, tractors, chickens, fields, and usually an accent that was the origin of the term "Honky"

~ Which is also where the term "Honky Tonk" comes from (sort of)

Here's an interesting cut on that from Wikipedia:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honky-tonk

On the other video - why would they relate their truck to a team that didn't make it? I realise it's about the toughness of the truck and it's versatility, but dang! The message in that is "What kind of people drive RAM trucks? People that don't make it to the playoffs..."

Now THAT - that's really screwy

Not a bad thing for Ford at all, but holy smokes! What were they (DCP/RAM) thinking?

"HELLO! I drive a Dodge - can I make a U-Turn here?" :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  9. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

The Vikings made it to, and were the favorites in the NFC championship game.

10. XDM45 Vet Zone Founding Member

The Wrangler commercials ain't bad.

The STUPID commercial is the one with the lineup of muscle cars.......IN DEEP SNOW ON A HILL....chasing down those tactical 4-wheelers being operated by the 'bad' guys.

Yeah. Like those Chargers and Challengers would do anything but bog down and sink in the snow. Give me a break.

11. XDM45 Vet Zone Founding Member

I still think the most asinine and pompous car ads are the Subaru 'LOVE' ads.

Again. Give me a f--king break!

12. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Wasa madder Steve? You got no love in your heart?

:copdriving:

The VW "Love Bug" commercial with the birds and bees might be more to your liking... :rofl:anim

Greywolf likes this.
  13. XDM45 Vet Zone Founding Member

Not for car companies........

.........or for the overpaid dickheads on Madison Avenue concocting these horses--t ads......

14. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I still like this one

15. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

My favorite car ads, wish they'd done more of them:

JWC 3, Greywolf and helifixer like this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso