Whining/Siren noise

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by RossT, Jul 10, 2023.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. RossT

2019 6.7L Turbodiesel
    Siren-like noise upon acceleration. There is no power loss, no hesitation.
    Would this likely be a failing Turbo charger?

Tags:
  2. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

It could be. Hard to say, but that has been one symptom. What is your boost gauge showing?

I just had the opposite happen to me. My turbo was replaced a year ago. New turbo had the siren sound until it warmed up. After warm up only on heavy acceleration. Recorded the sounds when engine was cold and took it to the shop & mechanic. He said that seemed normal with the new replacement Turbo’s but not to worry there was a 2 year warranty.

Last month I was noticing that siren sound when cold had gone away and a max of 10-11 on boost. Noticeable loss of power with the camper on the truck. Then a CEL came on. Yep, Turbo tested bad. Warranty covered it. But, it was just as we were coming home from one trip with a one week turn around for the next.

3. RossT

Turbo gauge shows nothing different than it ever did... the whining sound started on the way back from an oil change. Starts immediately upon driving. Engine temp doesn't change the noise. It is quite loud at low speed because there is no road noise, at highway speed the road noises cover it up but it is still quite evident.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso