window weatherstripping installation

Discussion in '1973 - 1979 Ford F100, F150, F250-F350 Truck Forum' started by 1941 Ford PU, Feb 14, 2024.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. 1941 Ford PU

I am replacing the door window weatherstripping on a 1977 f250 regular cab.
    Does anyone have an ideas on how to install the items?

Tags:
  2. Oldiesask

Lower the window and unbolt the vent window, no need to completely remove it, just getting a little room to work in. It may be possible to do with the vent in place, but way harder.

3. 1941 Ford PU

Oldiesask

Sorry, I already have the issue resolved. I did it without loosening the vent windows.
    It wasn't easy, but both windows are now done.
    The next project is the headliner. I need to find a headliner material that has a pattern
    in it. The only thing I can find is a "diamond" pattern which is not what we want.
    Actually the material that came out might not even be headliner. It was glued to a
    "pressboard" material and it shrunk.

So we are searching without much success so far.
    Mike

4. Oldiesask

This one is from a very low series '73, pressboard with no pattern. Higher series had various patterns, top lines had a vinyl overlay. DSCF9425.JPG #ad
    Carpenter had them, but shipping is high, due to size, some non stock liners are abs and roll up for cheaper shipping. Edit, I had to downsize the image and it lost quality.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
  5. 1941 Ford PU

Oldieask

I'll have to look for a new style with the pattern. The one that shrunk and we took out is more of a vinyl
    style. I'm not sure what the abs might look like. I know the current owner wants to keep the pattern, but
    doesn't want to spend the $s for a Carpenter one. It Carpenter has what we are looking for, then
    someone else might as well. We'll keep looking. In the meantime, I have a basic black one and we can put
    it in for the time being.

Thanks
    Mike

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >