Wiper switch question

Discussion in '1961 - 1966 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by Aus 65, Aug 10, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Aus 65

Hi, new to the forum and thanks for the add. I am currently building an Australian 65 F100 with a 460 & C6 with full Jaguar front and rear suspension and building a full custom truck. I have a question regarding the fitting of a later 73 model wiper switch or similar, I believe that this switch has 2 speeds and an intermittent speed along with a windshield washer capability. I also want to use the original 65 style dash knobs. Can anybody confirm that this is the switch that I need to use ? and I will need to fit a delay module in the wiring? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Tags:
  2. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

not all wiper switched have intermittent wipers in them.
    you will need a switch and motor that are matched to the intermittent wipers.

3. Aus 65

Thanks 1970something, I can buy a switch from the states that is listed with the intermittent capabilities but was unsure if it would work with the original 2 speed wiper motor. After I looked into it I realised I would also need the delay module, I was hoping someone else may have done this upgrade and be able to confirm that I’m on the right track before I go buying parts and only hoping it works if you know what I mean. Thanks for your reply I appreciate the help.

4. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

i will dig up the box with the intermittent wiper motor and switch and see if i can find numbers for you.
    this was a popular conversion on the falcons years ago. unfortunately the website that had all the info got shut down by the server people and 23 years of info was lost forever.

5. Aus 65

Thanks 1970 something I really appreciate your help. I have heard rumours of it being used on mustangs and falcon in the past but now I’m trying to figure out what year model the switch and delay box comes from. The part numbers I have are only part of the part numbers, switch- 17A553, motor- 17C476, wiper delay box- D3TZ-17C476-A These are the numbers I have come up with by my own research, was looking for a little confidence if someone could confirm that I was heading in the right direction before I started to order parts, very hard to buy these parts in Australia so I want to get it right before I purchase them from over in the USA. Again I thank you for your info, Cheers

6. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

7. Aus 65

Thank you 1970something, you’re a champion and your help is much appreciated. I will be purchasing the product as it is exactly what I was after. Cheers

8. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

i seem to remember having to switch one wire for the washer pump to work in the 65 falcon, but can't remember which one it was. that was 20 years ago.

9. Aus 65

It’s going to be a full rewire, so I guess I’ll have to sit down and figure it out. I now have the confidence that what I was proposing has been done before.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >