Wiring

Discussion in 'General Truck Discussion' started by Danr424, Jun 3, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Danr424

I am looking at a (I believe a 70 dually quad cab) that needs to be wired completely. A friend had rebuilt this truck completely. With what I believe has a 427. Only thing he didn't do was wiring. Approximately how much does anyone have an idea of what it would cost to get this done? Appreciate any insight.

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

If it's a wiring harness from scratch, I'd say the labor involved even going by the wiring diagrams from Ford's manuals its going to involve a lot of labor. Best bet then is a complete premade harness from Painless Wiring. They run $759.99 to $781.99 https://www.painlessperformance.com/wc/p.php?s=6777ft

Are you planning to do the labor yourself or someone else? The install manual from Painless is very detailed.

3. Danr424

Not sure. Trying to figure out if that something I can do myself. I consider myself mechanically inclined but not experienced with wiring and electrical. Curious on what it may Ron me financially. I usually do repairs myself.

4. Danr424

Thank you

5. Danr424

Thanks

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Painless says their full harnesses take a person about 20 hours to install, so it's doable over the weekend. If a shop can do it faster, let's say 15 hours, and $75/hour for a lot of them, that's $1125 in labor. Could be much more or less depending on local shop rates. We've got a guy out here who's really good, been in business for 30 years and charges $40/hour. Back in Atlanta, $75 wasn't uncommon, or even $100-$125/hour!

Danr424 likes this.
  7. captchas

i use american auto wiring kits, most of the time using the classic update kit installation instructions are tops. https://americanautowire.com/ time wise the GTO i just finished with electric convert top, power windows , took me 2 days and looks factory .

nice upside is being able to download the instructions before buying to see what your into before hand,

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >